Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify hanging for others?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2015 built car (don't know if that is relevant)
Only 3G not 4G yet (don't know if that is relevant)
I login to Spotify with my own account (don't know if that is relevant)
Wonder if Slacker (US) performs better than Spotify (EU)

Love Spotify but it gets jammed every other time I get into the car. Normally just says "loading" or something. I kick start it by clicking the other radio options and coming back to Spotify and eventually it works.

Have tried rebooting my MCU today, didn't seem to help. I have the latest SW update they rolled out about a week ago.

:-( didn't see anyone else complaining. Thoughts/Tips?

Thanks in advance team!

Love Spotify but it gets jammed every other time I get into the car. Normally just says "loading" or something. I kick start it by clicking the other radio options and coming back to Spotify and eventually it works.

A very common occurrence I’m afraid, and every software release for the last goodness knows how long has been ‘the one’ that’s going to sort it. A two scroll wheel MCU reboot or doing as you do with switching to the radio and back again are the workarounds. It’s a PITA.

2015 built car (don't know if that is relevant)
Only 3G not 4G yet (don't know if that is relevant)
I login to Spotify with my own account (don't know if that is relevant)
Wonder if Slacker (US) performs better than Spotify (EU)

Have tried rebooting my MCU today, didn't seem to help. I have the latest SW update they rolled out about a week ago.

:-( didn't see anyone else complaining. Thoughts/Tips?

Thanks in advance team!

Yes, it happens quite often - possibly more often with the recent versions, though it doesn't seem to hang permanently, switching media sources and sometimes having to re-login to Spotify - including some patience waiting it out - remedies it.

The exception being that since maybe three software versions ago use of the FM radio steering wheel controls started "jamming" the entire MCU, breaking Spotify with it - for his only reboot helps. (See more here: Software Update 2018.32.2 3817fdd)

On older versions I've had to reboot the entire MCU to get Spotify working again in other circumstances as well, but the FM radio steering wheel control breaking is a new(ish) phenomenon.

(2017 Model X.)

My player sometimes gets stuck with Spotify or Tune-In. Switching source to radio or phone and back again sometimes works. Switching WiFi off and on again often works (even if connected with cellular data at the time). Rebooting the MCU usually works but sometimes the player sticks again soon afterwards. I haven't been able to identify a partcular pattern or cause for this issue - it appears fairly random.

I just blame any Slacker problems I've had on Slacker being a worthless piece of [software]. It has logged itself out randomly mid drive and paused itself between songs.
I want to stream Spotify via Bluetooth, and do sometimes, but it takes effort on my part to make sure it will play correctly before I drive. Sometimes the BT volume on my phone (Pixel 2) will mute itself every other time I get in or out (not sure which) of the car. My phone never did that when connecting/disconnecting from my Mazda.

I just blame any Slacker problems I've had on Slacker being a worthless piece of [software]. It has logged itself out randomly mid drive and paused itself between songs.
I want to stream Spotify via Bluetooth, and do sometimes, but it takes effort on my part to make sure it will play correctly before I drive. Sometimes the BT volume on my phone (Pixel 2) will mute itself every other time I get in or out (not sure which) of the car. My phone never did that when connecting/disconnecting from my Mazda.

For me as an European, Spotify has abruptly stopped mid-song and your personal account stuff like songs, albums etc are just never loading. Hasn't happened recently though. Just saying that the problems aren't isolated to Slacker.