Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify hangs Media Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since I installed V10 a few days ago, I have started using my Spotify account. However, I have had problems with it freezing the media center periodically - I get a 'load error' message or the circling arrow, which never stops. The only thing that still works after this error is the radio function; can't use playlists from Spotify, Slacker or my IPhone. The only recovery I have found to work is to put the car in park and reboot.
Prior to installing V10 I never had media center problems.
Is anyone else seeing this problem?

Reactions: Jtt777 and GOOCHY
I'm having the same issue. But it's not just Spotify. I've had it do the same thing trying to load audio from my phone and then nothing would work except the radio.

Also a standard reboot, while driving, did fix it but not immediately. When it came back up it still didn't work, but after a minute or so I switched back and everything was working again. It's pretty annoying though that you have to reboot to fix this. Also seems to be kind of random so I'm not sure what causes it or how to avoid it.

Same problem in my 2015 MS. Just got the update last night, and was excited to see Spotify. But haven't seen anything but a spinning circle so far. Also getting spinning circle for my USB stick, which has music on it, and which worked fine, as of yesterday. Standard reboot didn't help. Haven't had time to try much else yet.

For it to start working for me again I had to reboot, then switch to standard radio, then switch back to Spotify. Even then it didn't work the first time but did on the second attempt a couple minutes later. (at this point I'm almost home and I've been f*cking with it while driving for a good 10 minutes :eek:)

Since I installed V10 a few days ago, I have started using my Spotify account. However, I have had problems with it freezing the media center periodically - I get a 'load error' message or the circling arrow, which never stops. The only thing that still works after this error is the radio function; can't use playlists from Spotify, Slacker or my IPhone. The only recovery I have found to work is to put the car in park and reboot.
Prior to installing V10 I never had media center problems.
Is anyone else seeing this problem?

An update: it gets worse. Since I posted I have also had trouble at times with radio as well.
Fortunately, the reboot clears it up.
Does Tesla read the forums or should I call them (maybe watch TV while I wait the 45 minutes for them to answer).

Yeah the whole thing is a bit wonky. Usually switching to radio and then back will fix it, but not always. And playing via BT seems yo be super buggy. That one feels 50/50 at best. I used that a lot before v10 and it was never a problem before.

Tried Spotify for the first time today. This happened when I got to a known dead spot for cellular reception, and seems to be the likely trigger. Rebooted while driving to fix it. Prior to reboot, I couldn't get my phone's bluetooth nor any portion of Spotify in the car to work. FM radio worked fine.

Rather unfortunate since this would happen a lot on road trips. However, I'm constantly restarting it on road trips anyways because the USB ports die off (for both phone charging and sentry cam USB, but separately)...

Had this happen with slacker and Spotify. Go to radio and switch back to Spotify or slacker and it works fine.
If Spotify is hanging make sure you shut it down on your phone or computer. Spotify knows what device you were on prior, so say if you switch to your phone it asks which device you want to play on.

Spotify is a train wreck

Not sure how much of it is Tesla's implementation. Friend (without a Tesla) said it's been a mess for while with every app having different features and none of the mesh.

I signed up for 3 month trial too.

I have not have to many hangs, but I can't keep PlayLists to stick worth beans. They keep disappearing and some stock ones in their place.

At Tesla's rate of fixing Audio/Entertainment Glitches this will take years to get right.

For the record, Netflix has been flawless.

See my take on the Spotify issue here : Spotify w/ V10 update

An update: it gets worse. Since I posted I have also had trouble at times with radio as well.
Fortunately, the reboot clears it up.
Does Tesla read the forums or should I call them (maybe watch TV while I wait the 45 minutes for them to answer).

Happened twice. No Spotify, no phone music, no FM, no LTE, no bluetooth connection... reboot the car to solve it. Might be a coincidence, as I can't point it to Spotify. Both time I was leaving work.