Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify in UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All, I am new to Tesla (since Dec 17) and even newer to Spotify! Can anybody help with....

1. Can I save any music or playlists in the car using the Tesla account.

2. My wife has now got her own personal Spotify account, how do we use that in the car?

Just love the car by the way, S 100D

I am able to use the Tesla (premium) spotify account. But, being a cheapscate, I only have a basic spotify account on my PC - with loads of playtists etc. But whatever user/password combo, I've tried for my own account, I get the 'not recognised' when trying to switch Tesla > Own account.
[aka "if your name is not on the list, you cant come in" :cool: ]

Question: can you only use your own spotify account (rather than Tesla's) if it is a premium account ??
Anyone confirm ??

if you use only the Tesla provided account, you can save the songs you like. This builds a list of songs and albums they are part of.
I am personally happy with this.
It is indeed limited as you only have one list. You cannot create different playlists.
If you have a Spotify premium or family account, you can log on with those credentials and retrieve your playlists. Note that you will not be able to modify them from the Tesla.

Reactions: PrGrPa
Did anyone ever find a manual for Tesla Spotify? There is next nothing in the owners manual. Spotify website is of no use. I have some annoying issues:-

Rogue DAB station "23" - cannot remove from favourites. I doesn't play, I cannot do anything with it. Just sits there in the list annoying me.

A selection of albums appear to have come with the reset/clean car. Presumably a reset did nothing to clear them. I can remove the albums by saving and unsaving and they eventually reappear the following day or sometime later. Just annoying as not my taste at all! I thought I had it sussed by searching for the annoying album, then saving, then unsaving. This gave me false hope but resulted in them not reappearing for the longest time - nearly a whole day.

Some of the Spotify logic is a little confusing so a manual would be a great help in understanding if it is me or the system.