Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify issue

Yao420

Jun 10, 2019
Toronto
Hi all

The Spotify app in my model 3 will just go silent. The song timer is still running, the play button is rotating like it’s trying to load the song but nothing would come out of the speaker. This happens almost everyday during my commute back and forth to work.

the 2 scroll button reset solves the issue, but I was wondering if anyone else have this issue as well, I am not even sure if it is an actual issue or what causes the app to do this. So any info or any other method to maybe reset the Spotify would be great!!!

thanks in advance.

N.Y.R.

Mar 30, 2019
Calgary
This has been happening to me every few songs. Seems like it started after one of the updates after V10. Switching to slacker, starting a song, and then switching back usually fixes it for me. Hopefully they'll fix it with a future update.
Same! This is exactly how I fix it as well.

Yao420

Jun 10, 2019
Toronto
Can you guys elaborate more on the slacker function???

I am having a hard time finding it...is it one of the apps? A station??

please help thanks!!

dandan

Jun 2, 2019
BC
Same problem here, going to a slacker playlist and back to Spotify makes it work again, and it's quicker then doing the two button reboot
This is a problem somebody has brought up before... the handoff between Spotify and different devices is not properly coded. The car fails to regain access to Spotify if another device is accessing Spotify. Also having the volume all the way down to mute should pause, but it does not.

a11y

Nov 12, 2019
Honolulu, HI
I experience this Spotify issue almost daily!
Recent 2019 Model 3 with Google Pixel 3 (Android).

the handoff between Spotify and different devices is not properly coded. The car fails to regain access to Spotify if another device is accessing Spotify.

^It appears the issues mostly goes away if I sign out from Spotify on my phone (key).

dandan

Jun 2, 2019
BC
Here’s a tip. If you quit Spotify on your phone then tap back Slacker streaming and back to Spotify it’ll magically work again

Funkmobile

Apr 5, 2018
Vancouver
My theory is it's buggy network code where the player is not automatically resetting lost network connections (or detecting that the connection is broken). By playing playing a song on slacker or searching for a song, you are "forcing" the car to terminate the old network connection and create a new "good" connection.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC