Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all

The Spotify app in my model 3 will just go silent. The song timer is still running, the play button is rotating like it’s trying to load the song but nothing would come out of the speaker. This happens almost everyday during my commute back and forth to work.

the 2 scroll button reset solves the issue, but I was wondering if anyone else have this issue as well, I am not even sure if it is an actual issue or what causes the app to do this. So any info or any other method to maybe reset the Spotify would be great!!!

thanks in advance.

Same problem here, going to a slacker playlist and back to Spotify makes it work again, and it's quicker then doing the two button reboot
This is a problem somebody has brought up before... the handoff between Spotify and different devices is not properly coded. The car fails to regain access to Spotify if another device is accessing Spotify. Also having the volume all the way down to mute should pause, but it does not.

I experience this Spotify issue almost daily!
Recent 2019 Model 3 with Google Pixel 3 (Android).

the handoff between Spotify and different devices is not properly coded. The car fails to regain access to Spotify if another device is accessing Spotify.

^It appears the issues mostly goes away if I sign out from Spotify on my phone (key).

My theory is it's buggy network code where the player is not automatically resetting lost network connections (or detecting that the connection is broken). By playing playing a song on slacker or searching for a song, you are "forcing" the car to terminate the old network connection and create a new "good" connection.