Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify keeps playing one playlist only, no matter how I change it.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This started happening recently, maybe from the last update:

1. I'll start playing Spotify on like my Podcasts playlist
2. I'll goto TuneIn to listen to some breaking news on CNN or whatever
3. I'll go back to Spotify and try to listen to some calming music so I'll select a nice playlist of music
4. It'll start playing the track, but it's back on my podcast playlist, even though it shows the song playing
5. The song doesn't actually play, the progress bar stays at 0
6. I'll skip to the next song, it seems to randomly change to another item on my podcast playlist
7. I get mad so I go BACK to the podcast playlist and select a random other episode, and it doesn't play the one I selected

It seems to just get stuck on one podcast playlist. I think it stopped after I reset, but it starts happening whenever I switch to TuneIn and back.

Any ideas?

I had to do a UI reset (hold both steering wheel buttons down for ~10s) recently.

I had a somewhat similar problem a day after the 35.5 update where Spotify would only play one song no matter what I chose. Switching to radio didn't work and it just spun. I think it was going from a non-service area to a service area, but I'm not sure. LTE had good reception and navigation was working, but something was wrong with audio. Hopefully this was a one-off and not something that happens regularly.

This started happening recently, maybe from the last update:

1. I'll start playing Spotify on like my Podcasts playlist
2. I'll goto TuneIn to listen to some breaking news on CNN or whatever
3. I'll go back to Spotify and try to listen to some calming music so I'll select a nice playlist of music
4. It'll start playing the track, but it's back on my podcast playlist, even though it shows the song playing
5. The song doesn't actually play, the progress bar stays at 0
6. I'll skip to the next song, it seems to randomly change to another item on my podcast playlist
7. I get mad so I go BACK to the podcast playlist and select a random other episode, and it doesn't play the one I selected

It seems to just get stuck on one podcast playlist. I think it stopped after I reset, but it starts happening whenever I switch to TuneIn and back.

Any ideas?