Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify - Library - Stations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Guys.

I have a couple of really dumb questions..

Firstly, why does the Spotify logo on the Telsa center console have an umlaut over the O?
I haven't seen it on any other Spotify artwork anywhere...

Okay, real question now.
Under Spotify / Your Library / Stations it makes stations for the music I listen to.
I like this, at it seems to create a radio station with my songs. I'm happy.

My teenage son was in the car, and played a bunch of his songs.
Now my Stations channel is filled up with his "music" most of which contain words I cannot type here or I'll get banned.

Is there any way to clean up this "stations" section.

I cannot do it from the Spotify app.
I cannot do it from Spotify Station app.
I cannot do it from the web interface.

Any suggestions?

Nick.

Hey Guys.

I have a couple of really dumb questions..

Firstly, why does the Spotify logo on the Telsa center console have an umlaut over the O?
I haven't seen it on any other Spotify artwork anywhere...
I assume it's Tesla's (Elon's) attempt at being clever...

Okay, real question now.
Under Spotify / Your Library / Stations it makes stations for the music I listen to.
I like this, at it seems to create a radio station with my songs. I'm happy.

My teenage son was in the car, and played a bunch of his songs.
Now my Stations channel is filled up with his "music" most of which contain words I cannot type here or I'll get banned.

Is there any way to clean up this "stations" section.

I cannot do it from the Spotify app.
I cannot do it from Spotify Station app.
I cannot do it from the web interface.

Any suggestions?

Nick.

The stations tab seems to be an orphaned area in the Tesla's Spotify implementation - at best a poorly thought out accident on Tesla's part. Stations get automatically created when you do a search in the car, but as you've already noticed there appears to be no way to delete them, nor do they appear in the Stations tab in your mobile or desktop or web version of Spotify, nor the separate Spotify Stations app, so you can't delete them there. If you search again for the same thing in the car, it will create multiple versions of same-named stations. Really smart (it seems Tesla used up all its cleverness putting that umlaut in the Spotify name...)

So unfortunately I think you're stuck with your son's questionable taste in music in the Stations tab, unless Tesla fixes this "feature". I haven't tried myself, but perhaps doing a full factory reset might work to clear out the stations?? (among many other settings, of course)

btw if you haven't already noticed, you can create Spotify playlists in your account on another platform and they'll show up in your Tesla Spotify playlists. That's another way to get the music you like into your car, and you can simply just ignore the Stations. Only trick is if you want to sort the playlists order, you need to do so in the desktop or web version (drag and drop the order on the left sidebar on desktop or web). Unfortunately Tesla's Spotify is brain dead regarding sorting other things like albums (can't be done)