Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify loading endlessly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I frequently have to reset my 2021 Model 3 because Spotify will just refuse to play. Good LTE signal, and the playlists load. But when I actually tap a song, it will load indefinitely forever. So I have to reset. This happens every day or two. Any ideas? I've seen a lot of chatter on the forums about playlists not fully loading or sign-in issues, but I don't experience those problems.

The songs show up, they can be selected, and then they just present the loading circle until I reboot the car. I pay for premium connectivity and it also happens on wifi. Halp!

WOW!!! I Hope Apple and Tesla get together and push Apple Music into the Tesla echo system. I just purchased a Family Premium Account of Spotify just to try it out, just to see all these same problems... Ever loading icon and after a Reboot, just a song or two can be heard. If you press on the Spotify icon again, it fails to load again. WEIRD! It's like no Quality Control was ever issued on this app.

The spotify integration is about the only reason I would pay for premium connectivity, and honestly it leaves something to be desired, plus it would be spending another $10 a month, to $20 in total for Spotify... I think I'll just use my phone.

WOW!!! I Hope Apple and Tesla get together and push Apple Music into the Tesla echo system. I just purchased a Family Premium Account of Spotify just to try it out, just to see all these same problems... Ever loading icon and after a Reboot, just a song or two can be heard. If you press on the Spotify icon again, it fails to load again. WEIRD! It's like no Quality Control was ever issued on this app.
Ditto! I have Apple Music with my cell carrier subscription.. Would be nice to ditch the spotify premium. Plus I kinda like the Apple Music interface...

I just sprung for spotify 2 days ago. First day OK, yesterday not so much. Froze, restarted, froze again. Parked the car got in to drive and it wouldn't load so selected a different track and it just continued with "failure to load". To be honest I'm really disappointed in the interface, way too much going on there to do while driving so you basically can't. As irony would have it its much simpler on a computer. BTW I just got my model 3 two months, bought used, so far I like the car but some of the interface things make me crazy, it requires too much time with eyes off the road.

I also have the Spotify premium not loading issue. Happens almost every day and It always requires a Tesla reboot to get it playing again. Not the safest thing to do when you are driving in the city and don’t have turn signals while it’s rebooting, which seems to take even longer than it used to.

I frequently have to reset my 2021 Model 3 because Spotify will just refuse to play. Good LTE signal, and the playlists load. But when I actually tap a song, it will load indefinitely forever. So I have to reset. This happens every day or two. Any ideas? I've seen a lot of chatter on the forums about playlists not fully loading or sign-in issues, but I don't experience those problems.
I have similar problems every time I pull out of the underground garage at work. The root cause is the combination of Tesla TCU (telematics control module) behavior and AT&T service coverage.
If there is no connectivity when you first get into the car (in the garage), TCU retries for ~30-60 seconds, then goes into sleep mode. It wakes up again and retries 10-30 minutes later, but which point I'm already approaching home.
Net result - any infotainment IP services (Spotify, OEM Slacker client, etc.) remain offline during my drive home (until TCU re-connects), even though they work 100% on the way to work.

Reset fixes things about 75% of the time, but not always.
Long story short, I'm now streaming music over BT. Either my phone does a better job re-connecting when it regains signal, or its MNO (Verizon) has better coverage. Or a bit of both.

HTH,
a

I've had similar issues with the base music streaming service sometimes, it doesn't seem specific to Spotify. When that happens I switch to radio / bluetooth and back to streaming, it sometimes seems to help, but not always. The rest of the time I'm patient and it eventually resumes. Probably what afadeev explained.

it happens to me every other day when living my house, no need to reset, just got to fm radio and let it play for a little and then click spotify again, works everytime for me, very rarely does it not and when it does not i just hit the reload again and it works

I think every streaming source is suffering. TuneIn and Spotify are both unusable at this point as they drop at random times, even when they have full coverage. I'm having Tesla mobile service out tomorrow to look at this issue. If you are having this problem and are in warranty, you should do the same. There seems to be a fundamental problem and I want them to fix it.

OK Tesla Mobile was out this morning. The technician told me that this was a known issue and would be addressed in a firmware update. He also said that engineering was working on it. So that is a good answer, although in my case the issue has been going on for some time -- hopefully this is the same issue they are working on.

Reactions: tigerrr