Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify loading endlessly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK Tesla Mobile was out this morning. The technician told me that this was a known issue and would be addressed in a firmware update. He also said that engineering was working on it. So that is a good answer, although in my case the issue has been going on for some time -- hopefully this is the same issue they are working on.
This was also the "answer" for why when I went to a radio station it goes to some random starter station till I select another station again. Let's hope some of the updates address these minor annoyances.

OK Tesla Mobile was out this morning. The technician told me that this was a known issue and would be addressed in a firmware update. He also said that engineering was working on it. So that is a good answer, although in my case the issue has been going on for some time -- hopefully this is the same issue they are working on.
I went in back in Feb and March with this (and other connectivity issues) and was told the same thing: firmware. Six months later, and still a firmware issues. Unacceptable.

I can't seem to play anything through Spotify unless I do a reboot after the v11 update. I get the endless loading screen for my 20 min drives to work and back. Is this still an issue with everyone else? I was hoping they would have fixed this with the latest update. I have LTE signal and I have tried everything that people have used in this post with no success only the screen reboots but I am not going to do that every time I get in my car. MYP 2021.

Spotify finally started working consistently well for me after V11. Tons of playback issues before....my sample size with v11 is small though.
Yeah, I can't get it to play anything on spotify via my Premium connectivity at all anymore unless I reboot my screen. I have to connect spotify via Bluetooth on my phone in order for me to play it. Just time consuming since I have to grab my phone and open spotify and select what I want to listen to on my phone vs using the Tesla spotify app.

This works for me: tap another music app in the UI and then go back to Spotify.
I have the same problem with Spotify Premium not playing or loading BUT @calidreamz808's solution works for me (thanks for the suggestion). I tap on TuneIn Radio and then tap back to Spotify and it works. Since I have seen other messages after, I'm not sure if this isn't working for other people. A real fix would be better but this has worked for me so far.

Reactions: calidreamz808
I have the same problem with Spotify Premium not playing or loading BUT @calidreamz808's solution works for me (thanks for the suggestion). I tap on TuneIn Radio and then tap back to Spotify and it works. Since I have seen other messages after, I'm not sure if this isn't working for other people. A real fix would be better but this has worked for me so far.
Got it. I have tried that as well and no luck on my end. I let almost half a song play on Streaming and try going back to Spotify with no success. I submitted an issue with Tesla but not sure if they will get back to me soon or if other people are also having the same issue as mine.

Got it. I have tried that as well and no luck on my end. I let almost half a song play on Streaming and try going back to Spotify with no success. I submitted an issue with Tesla but not sure if they will get back to me soon or if other people are also having the same issue as mine.
That stinks. I thought it might be Spotify's issue but if it is a Tesla issue that they can fix, they should because even though switching back and forth works "for me" almost all the time, it is really annoying. I am going to report the issue too if that is what it takes for Tesla to dedicate some resources to a fix.

Reactions: manny.17
THat's also what I had to do. Although (same small sample size) I haven't run into that yet with V11.

The best part about this is the Musk keeps saying how awesome their “AI” is, but I can’t play Spotify!! Lol! There are some songs that it is actually impossible to play because they will automatically jump to the next song. Some playlists load incorrectly too.

Oh yeah and if you could get around to having this “AI” learn that when it isn’t raining, then the auto wipers should not be on. And if it is raining they should be on. I think Elon’s “AI” has a bad mentor.

Even with these basic issues, I still love my Tesla though.. lol

I have always had these and similar problems with Spotify since my delivery three years ago! At this point, I just wish they would give us the ability to restart any of the apps. I want to be able to restart Spotify without rebooting the entire screen!

Thanks for the info. I received the same answer. It has been 6 months plus, no solution.

Amazing how long it is taking them to NOT solve this issue. I have the issue every single time I enter the car. Actually, if I don’t change the playlist, it works. But… I can’t load a new playlist, until I switch to streaming and back to Spotify.
I actually got used to it, so it doesn’t bother me as much.
I can’t imagine that anymore is even looking at this, it couldn’t take that long to fix it.

Amazing how long it is taking them to NOT solve this issue. I have the issue every single time I enter the car. Actually, if I don’t change the playlist, it works. But… I can’t load a new playlist, until I switch to streaming and back to Spotify.
I actually got used to it, so it doesn’t bother me as much.
I can’t imagine that anymore is even looking at this, it couldn’t take that long to fix it.
I am not expecting a solution at this point. I'm just glad I can get Spotify to work. My TuneIn stopped working a few weeks ago and nothing I do can make it work again (just spins and spins). Listening to podcasts on Spotify without the ability to speed it up to 1.25 speed is painful. I shouldn't have started listening to podcasts this way because now everyone sounds like they are in slow motion.