Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify: My Library loading issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2018.48.12.1 has broken my Spotify. 46 just took ages and ages to load my playlists, ages for the 'back' button to respond to touch and dropped connections when the 3G reception is less than perfect. Now I can add a screen freeze every time I try to load a playlist. Reboot and hard reboot didn't fix it, factory reset didn't fix it, logging out of my own account, logging in to the Tesla account, out, and then back into my account has fixed it for now

2018.48.12.1 has broken my Spotify. 46 just took ages and ages to load my playlists, ages for the 'back' button to respond to touch and dropped connections when the 3G reception is less than perfect. Now I can add a screen freeze every time I try to load a playlist. Reboot and hard reboot didn't fix it, factory reset didn't fix it, logging out of my own account, logging in to the Tesla account, out, and then back into my account has fixed it for now

Same issue here. Trying to play all playlist will freeze the screen resulting in a reboot of the mcu after 30 seconds or so. After that same issue again... logging out and into the Tesla account didn't fix anything. Turning back to my own Spotify premium account presents me the same freezing and rebooting error of the mcu. I didn't have this problem before 2018.48.12.1...
Hope that 12.1 fixes this. If anyone has a solution or workaround....

I found on a German site that this is a common issue. Definitely a lot more drivers whos mcu freezes/hangs/reboots when selecting a playlist. Seems that a workaround is to change the overall language from your language to English. Than the system reboots and you can change it to your preferred language again. Spotify should work now. At least for some days.... If your default language is already English, I don't know a solution. Must say I didn't try this workaround myself...

...and, now, of course, it's broken again. and. again.

So it’s not just me!!! I’m on the latest firmware and Spotify is an absolute nightmare.

I’m having multiple MCU reboots when Spotify is freezing up. For a week I couldn’t use it at all (I had to reset my Spotify password to allow me to sign in, even though it was correct)

Pleased Tesla are aware of how bad this is.

I have a similar issue with Spotify. If I select artists or songs etc the touch screen hangs and nothing works including climate navigation etc until I reboot. Radio and everything works until I try Spotify. Also I'm not sure if this is connected but if I use the browser it speaks to me in German !! I am in the UK. I guess from this thread no one has any answers yet. I have had my S for over 2 years and not had a problem until the last software update that gave me the Christmas stuff.

Getting worse for me Keith. Literally every time I get in the car now from sleep, I go to interact with the display and it’s frozen.

Musics playing, but nothing responds until either it restarts itself or I hard reboot.

Absolute nightmare. Going to capture it on video tomorrow as I’ve a service centre appointment booked on the 21st for a sun roof rattle. Will see if I can have them do anything (doubtful, I suspect the most recent release was rushed to get the new Easter eggs in before the holidays and these new bugs have crept in)

Just chiming in as someone else suffering from spotify issues since v9. Spotify crashes the MCU systematically when selecting a playlist, which forces me to manually restart it each time. I've tried logging in and out and full power-off/restart but it won't solve it.

Funnily enough, when selecting a playlist from "recently played" and then clicking on the playlist name above the song title and "expending" the player pane, the playlist displays properly and works as it should.

Wrote an e-mail to Tesla and submitted multiple bug reports. It was bad enough that the Spotify UI was outdated (not showing daily mixes, etc..) and sometimes acting funny (endless loading wheel icon when opening Library) on v8, but now it had become completely unusable. I hope they'll fix this before shipping the first model 3s in Europe, because people aren't going to be happy when their only display showing speedometer is going to crash repeatedly..

Exact same issues here with 48.12.1. One trick to get Spotify to work again (temporarily) is to change the language of the UI, as mentioned above. This still causes the software to hang whenever you try to browse a Spotify playlist but if you leave it a minute or two it should show the contents of the playlist after a while.

I actually switched to streaming Spotify from my iPhone via Bluetooth but regretfully the audio quality via Bluetooth is noticeably lower than using the built-in media player.

I have to say v9 has been nothing but trouble for me, not just the Spotify integration but the MCU freezes a lot and text becomes garbled and unreadable at random moments (see attachment). I wish I could downgrade back to v8 software, which was also far from perfect but far less frustrating than what I have now.

Attachments

• IMG_4471.jpg
    IMG_4471.jpg
    426 KB · Views: 72
I'm curious here. Do all of you guys having problems have MCU1?

I'm actually testing Spotify premium right now (I am more of an Apple Music user), just because the convenience of finding my lists in my car interface and I don't seem to have the same issues with my MCU2 MX and Spotify.

How can I try to reproduce the problem? Is it probably because I only have 4 (kind of small) personal lists? (I do follow a couple more...) that mine doesn't hang?

My Model S is from 2013 so I guess it's safe to say it's the first version of the MCU.
But the problem isn't related to the playlists or content of my library. Spotify simple won't sign on at all. Not with my own account or with the option "use Tesla account". The progress indicator just spins around for a few minutes and then jumps back to the login screen.
After changing the UI language Spotify was immediately signed in, didn't even need to hit the sign in button.

Sounds crazy, but sign out of Spotify on your phone.

Reset your password via your phone to something new.

Sign back into the car and I suspect it will resume to work.

I’ve had to do this a number of times..... I suspect it’s caching sessions / credentials and when loosing signal / switching from WiFi it’s invalidating the session and getting stuck in a loop. Resetting your password and forcing it to sign in with a new credentials set seems to fix that issue.

Sounds crazy, but sign out of Spotify on your phone.

Reset your password via your phone to something new.

Sign back into the car and I suspect it will resume to work.

I’ve had to do this a number of times..... I suspect it’s caching sessions / credentials and when loosing signal / switching from WiFi it’s invalidating the session and getting stuck in a loop. Resetting your password and forcing it to sign in with a new credentials set seems to fix that issue.
This doesn't help. It's also not related to my account, the "Tesla account" also won't sign in. I've reset the UI language multiple times to get Spotify to work again. Each time it works for a day or two before failing again.