Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify: My Library loading issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody with Spotify installed in their car having loading issues of “my library?

For the past couple of days it never connects. A reboot fixes it only for a short time.

Rest of Spotify working normally.

I’m in the U.K. if that make any difference.

I have an issue that spotify but cannot load any of the playlists (featured etc..). Also, the songs show up but are greyed out. However the radio stations do run for a few minutues. Could this be down to a regional restriction? How do I change this?

Dumb question probably, but did you try a reboot ? There are two flavors of reboot afaik: 1) long press both wheel buttons until Mcu goes dark, and 2) same but with brake pedal pressed all the way during the reboot.

Just for history, RoW (Rest of the Word outside US) initially had R.dio instead of Slacker. R.dio went bankrupt and this is when Tesla switched “us” to Spotify. Brilliantly quickly I might add. Which I’m very happy with indeed. But I have no Slacker experience so can’t say how they compare.

In the UK, you get Spotify instead of Slacker? Lucky bums. I guess Elon's allegiance to the Commonwealth is showing.

I just tried connecting with Slacker (from the UK) and when I tried to play something, I received this message "We're sorry. Slacker Radio is only available in US and Canada". As Slacker isn't available here, I guess we will have to put up with Spotify :)

As I understand it, there is a "Spotify Test" in the maintenance menus of Teslas in the USA, so perhaps you will get Spotify at some point.

Anybody with Spotify installed in their car having loading issues of “my library?

For the past couple of days it never connects. A reboot fixes it only for a short time.

Rest of Spotify working normally.

I’m in the U.K. if that make any difference.

I'm experiencing the exact same problem. Spotify is working fine but My Library is not showing up so no way to access personal songs and playlists. Tried rebooting as well as logging in and out of Spotify to no avail. Has been consistently unavailable for over a week now.

I'm experiencing a different problem with Spotify. It would often skip back a couple of songs, for example it would play song A, then song B, then, after playing the first second or so of song C, it would play song A again. This will continue until I manually skip forward past song C. Tried rebooting, and logging out of my Spotify account and logging back in, but nothing helped.

Same problem. Unable to login. I have a Spotify premium account. When I have the issue the Tesla account doesn't work either. I'm on 2018.46.2, Tesla X.

Resetting the center console solves the issue. I have the issue daily, multiple times.

Really annoying, knowing I have paid for this functionality.

Same problem. Unable to login. I have a Spotify premium account. When I have the issue the Tesla account doesn't work either. I'm on 2018.46.2, Tesla X.

Resetting the center console solves the issue. I have the issue daily, multiple times.

Really annoying, knowing I have paid for this functionality.
When it happens to me, I switch the audio to FM or TuneIn. And then going back to Spotify usually does the trick.

I also have the library loading issue with Spotify in my (very recent) Model S. I have tried rebooting but that didn't help at all. It does sometimes load my library but I would say the success rate is only one day in four. Sometimes switching to another source and back to Spotify does help but usually not.

I was expecting some compromises as part of owning a Tesla (noise at speed and a giant steering wheel) but it is a shame some of the transformational tech is also so unreliable.

My car is visiting the service centre later this week (to stop its dipped headlights from dazzling other drivers) and I have asked them to look at the library loading problem. I don't expect they will have a fix but I will post anything I do learn.