Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify not playing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have Spotify premium for my Tesla 3. For months I've been having trouble with Spotify suddenly not playing anything. It appears to work fine and I can search and find songs, but nothing gets past loading.. All other streaming services work fine, just Spotify has this issue. It seems like it usually happens if I've been playing Spotify and then switch to another source, like radio, then go back to Spotify. It never sorts itself out. If I park the car for the night, the problem will still be there when I get in the car in the morning. The only thing I've found that will get Spotify to play anything again is to REBOOT the vehicle. After reboot Spotify will play fine... until it happens again. I'm getting completely fed up with it as it happens several times a week and am wondering if it's just me having this issue or if a lot of other Tesla owners are having the same problem.

Hi, it might be worth trying a few diagnostics. I’m assuming you are using Premium Connectivity for your data and not a hotspot.

On the Tesla, I’d try signing out of your Premium Spotify account and signing back in. If the problem still persists, you could try the Tesla’s built-in account. If that works, it could be a setting in you account that’s causing it to glitch, perhaps due to an obscure bug. Of course, I’m guessing here, but as 70+ people have viewed this thread already with no comments, I’m assuming this isn’t a general problem. Good luck.

Reactions: Gregwhiteshark
What fixed all spotify issues for me was upgrading to the Spotify family plan - creating a new account and inviting that account to the family plan, then signing in through my tesla spotify -- fixed any loading or buffering, but you have to reload your playlists from scratch.

Reactions: Malexjones
I have intermittent Spotify playback issues also. What I found fixed it (until the next time it happens) is to play any Tesla Premium Connectivity streaming music channel/playlist and then go back to Spotify. Don’t ask me why, but this has worked for me every time.

I had that issue a lot when Spotify first became available for us in V10 but it became more stable over time. At the moment I’m having this issue with Tidal where songs don’t load. Sometimes just skipping to the next song will allow me to go back and play it. I hope they address this in the next update.

Hi, it might be worth trying a few diagnostics. I’m assuming you are using Premium Connectivity for your data and not a hotspot.

On the Tesla, I’d try signing out of your Premium Spotify account and signing back in. If the problem still persists, you could try the Tesla’s built-in account. If that works, it could be a setting in you account that’s causing it to glitch, perhaps due to an obscure bug. Of course, I’m guessing here, but as 70+ people have viewed this thread already with no comments, I’m assuming this isn’t a general problem. Good luck.
That’s correct. Premium connectivity. It seems others have now chimed on and are also having the same issue so it’s not just me. What is the Tesla built in account and where do I find it?
I have intermittent Spotify playback issues also. What I found fixed it (until the next time it happens) is to play any Tesla Premium Connectivity streaming music channel/playlist and then go back to Spotify. Don’t ask me why, but this has worked for me every time.
I’m glad that works for you…doesn’t work for me.

I assume what you mean by Tesla’s built in account is just logging out of my spotify premium account and using the free Spotify player?

I have the exact same issue. Only thing that fixes it for me is a soft reboot. Until it happens again, the next day or an hour later.

Did anyone find a permanent/better solution in the meantime?

You all aren’t alone. I def want MY Spotify account to work with my playlists. I’m not setting up a family user just for my car.

It’s so frustrating. Esp if someone other than me is driving the car. Trying to explain to someone how to reset the car so they can play music is embarrassing.

Reactions: manddarran