Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify not playing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, it might be worth trying a few diagnostics. I’m assuming you are using Premium Connectivity for your data and not a hotspot.

On the Tesla, I’d try signing out of your Premium Spotify account and signing back in. If the problem still persists, you could try the Tesla’s built-in account. If that works, it could be a setting in you account that’s causing it to glitch, perhaps due to an obscure bug. Of course, I’m guessing here, but as 70+ people have viewed this thread already with no comments, I’m assuming this isn’t a general problem. Good luck.
what is the tesla built in account? coz somehow my account stopped working.

thank you

And now it is 2023 and the problem persists. I have a 2023 Model 3 RWD and switched to Spotify from YouTube Music premium because I could play a single user Spotify subscription in the new car with the Premium Connectivity that I bought. But almost every day when I drive the car and try to play Spotify it shows the buffering circle forever. As stated here, the only fix is log out of Spotify and log back in OR reboot the car. I tend to believe it is Spotify's fault because I had trouble when I played Spotify from a device in the home, then stopped playing, and then trying to play Spotify in the car. One time it said I was using the subscription on another device. But many times, it would just buffer forever after using Spotify on another device. It's like Spotify is not releasing their lock.

And now it is 2023 and the problem persists. I have a 2023 Model 3 RWD and switched to Spotify from YouTube Music premium because I could play a single user Spotify subscription in the new car with the Premium Connectivity that I bought. But almost every day when I drive the car and try to play Spotify it shows the buffering circle forever. As stated here, the only fix is log out of Spotify and log back in OR reboot the car. I tend to believe it is Spotify's fault because I had trouble when I played Spotify from a device in the home, then stopped playing, and then trying to play Spotify in the car. One time it said I was using the subscription on another device. But many times, it would just buffer forever after using Spotify on another device. It's like Spotify is not releasing their lock.
I reported it for service today. The Tesla Mobil Service Tech cancelled my appointment and said "I've looked into this concern and have identified it as a known firmware issue. We have our teams working on a permanent solutions to be completed as an over the air on a future firmware update. At this time I do not have a timeline of when this will roll out but we are actively working on it."