Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify not starting the song

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some songs in Spotify will not load, the circle just spins. Month ago I never had this problem. It's not all songs, some start playing right away. Anyone else has this issue?

May want to check in a real app. Spotify loses the rights to songs from time to time like Netflix loses movies. I check on my Windows App and see songs I have "liked" as greyed out.
However, Spofity in the Tesla is terrible and I'd chalk it up to it being it's regular fickle self.

The Tesla spotify integration is broken right now. It’s unreliable enough that I disconnected my premium spotify account in the car. I’m planning to use the slacker integration, which has performed almost perfectly in the year and a half I’ve had the car, until some major fixes are made to the spotify app.

Easy access to my spotify playlists and stations would be great, but reliability is even more valuable I think.

May want to check in a real app. Spotify loses the rights to songs from time to time like Netflix loses movies. I check on my Windows App and see songs I have "liked" as greyed out.
However, Spofity in the Tesla is terrible and I'd chalk it up to it being it's regular fickle self.
Spotify doesn’t lose rights to songs.. the artists/labels put it on Spotify themselves. There are many reasons a song can be greyed out a quick google search will tell you that.

In your Tesla, if you just got into your car and it was in deep sleep it might take a bit to connect to cellular even though it says it’s connected at the top right this is why the songs won’t load sometimes. Also, it may glitch time to time it happens. I found loading a playlist from recent fixes it 90% of the time.

• Helpful
Reactions: KerryOH
My cars Spotify is definitely fickle. When I get spinny wheel, I switch to another source like radio and then switch back to Spotify. That usually takes care of it but sometimes I have to do it multiple times.

If I were to guess, I think it has something to do with how well it's getting data over cellular.