Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify not working with standard connectivity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently noticed that I can not use Spotify, the pages comes up requiring a username and password. When I press ‘use vehicle account’ it says Premium Connectivity Required. I have only have standard connectivity, connect via phone hotspot, and have never experienced this problem before. I have tried a reset a couple of times but this hasn’t helped. Has anyone else had this problem or know of a solution?

I have been using it for over 6 months this way and it only stopped working the other day, which did seem strange. Acknowledge that premium connectivity would resolve it, but I can’t justify it if hotspotting works. According to the website it would be available by the method I have been using.

Reactions: johnchidgey
Don't believe the relevant page mentions Spotify at all.

It's not doubt costing Tesla something, so I wouldn't expect to get it for free.

Not quite Spotify issue but more of driver profile issue.

I am the main driver and I have all the music streaming platform, spotify, tidal, apple. However when my wife's driver profile is selected, none of the audio streaming services are available. Tried searching online and Tesla manuals but no answer.. Anyone able to shine some light on how to get those services available on additional driver profiles?

I do have the premium connectivity subscription and no personal spotify account.

It was an added bonus for nothing, certainly didn’t expect it. Just wondering if anyone else had experienced this issue? Can others use Spotify without premium connectivity?
I have had Spotify on my last 3 mobile phones (and I tend to keep my phones longer than most I find) and all cars that I have driven for years now have a Bluetooth streaming function. By keeping Spotify on my phone with my favourite songs (just looked and that number is 436 favourites lol) I can shift from the different cars I drive regularly besides the Tesla.

Now when the free premium connectivity ran out, after 1 month of ownership from memory, I checked to make sure Spotify would still stream from my phone using Bluetooth which it did (would have been surprised if it didn't). But my family missed other benefits of premium connectivity and decided to subscribe to it later.

Another benefit of keeping Spotify on your phone and making sure your favourite songs are stored on phone (an option with the App) and not streamed via the cellular network means cheaper overall downloads over time and no cellular blackspots ( in certain areas around where I live there are many) making you not be able to listening to those favourites. It basically saves having to setup a USB drive to do the same. Also the phone app can sort songs by different categories like Title, artist, recently added etc that I can't find anywhere on the Tesla premium connectivity Spotify version.

But that is just my opinion on the matter.

Not quite Spotify issue but more of driver profile issue.

I am the main driver and I have all the music streaming platform, spotify, tidal, apple. However when my wife's driver profile is selected, none of the audio streaming services are available. Tried searching online and Tesla manuals but no answer.. Anyone able to shine some light on how to get those services available on additional driver profiles?

I do have the premium connectivity subscription and no personal spotify account.
Ok just make sure under the Bluetooth connectivity function of the Tesla has all the profiles showing connected to the each profile's individual phone setup correctly I suggest first.