TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Spotify on version 9

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by Dborn, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Dborn

Dborn Confirmed

since “upgrading”, my car does not want to log in. Anyone else?
    Not much of an upgrade in my opinion. Everything bland grey. Especially for AP1 cars.

2. garyjac

garyjac Member

Nothing for AP1, as expected. Spotify works OK here. Reboot? A few times?

3. Mark E

Mark E Member

I like V9 with AP1, the new stuff is the ability to run 3 things on the centre display simultaneously, media browser in small/med/large another app and the map. Also I’ve used the ‘send destination to car’ from the App and the simplification of the settings pages.
    I also think that it’s snappier to use.

4. nexusone

nexusone Member

Lucky. Spotify works for you.

5. Rockford

Rockford Member

No probs with Spotify for me. Not another computer logged in with the same account that is kicking you out straight away?

6. Dborn

Dborn Confirmed

Will try further rebooting today.....

7. Dborn

Dborn Confirmed

Well, did a further reboot with brake and scroll wheels and it did reconnect. Now lets see if it stays that way!!!

8. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

I quite like the new version (AP1 car).
    Better use of screen real estate. But I'm one of those who always use the maps.

9. Dborn

Dborn Confirmed

You like the colors? Traffic also not nearly as useful as it was.

10. EcoCloudIT

EcoCloudIT Member

I have v9 on my Model X (AP2.5) but still not update on my S (AP1)....grrr....

11. TezzaB

TezzaB Member

Spotify is working for me after update but I have to say I prefer the old version. I very rarely use maps so I HATE that it is always on the screen when I don't need it. Much prefer the old split screen so I could have music and energy or music and rear camera without losing any space to map I don't need or just have music full screen (or have music on top and energy underneath as prefer music controls easier to see/reach). I know there has been quite a bit of negative feedback about this so I am hoping they add the ability to have true split screen back without any maps in a future update (or maybe just an option to choose between "old style" and "new style" interface). Also found the Spotify interface has lost a bit in the new one (partly because you can no longer have full screen so can't see as many things on the screen as before).

12. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

I actually do like the colours.
    Traffic is the same, but just doesn't show green for every road where there is no congestion. I prefer this, because sometimes it was hard to see road details with an unnecessary green line over them. Also at night the map just looked like a sea of green, which was brighter than the non-monitored streets.
    I also like the different levels of media player, and the new toolbar at the bottom.

I agree it's no big deal for AP1 cars, certainly we won't get the fun stuff like Nav on AP etc.

13. paulp

paulp Member

I’m the opposite. I like my map and the automatic music pop up everytime I drive is a touch annoying. Tesla need to make the options more customisable, as everyone has their own preferences.....although we could always go back to a 4” gps and a cd palyer with radio I suppose.....

• Funny x 1
  14. garyjac

garyjac Member

I wonder if, in some weird way, they tied this "Nav Always Visible" layer thing to the Nav on AP software? Then, they couldn't or didn't move it?

15. Dborn

Dborn Confirmed

Logging on to Spotify remains quite variable. I usually get in, but not without a fight. Have rebooted a few times now. Brake+ scroll wheels until “T” shows up. This is supposed to be a deep reboot.

16. paulp

paulp Member

There is a deeper reboot that the service tech can do remotely. Its fixed issues for me in the past.

17. paulp

paulp Member

That kind of makes sence. As we head toward autonomy you will need to know where the car is taking you.

18. cynix

cynix Member

I've also been having problems with Spotify, especially after periods of no mobile coverage (e.g. parked underground). On previous releases it was usually fixed with a reboot, but on v9 it seems even multiple reboots don't help.

19. ICUDoc

ICUDoc Member

I dont know- full autonomy to me is like a taxi- you don't look at the GPS in a taxi...
    I prefer big camera display and big music below that. If anyone cares :)

20. paulp

paulp Member

I just watch the meter in a taxi, so maybe ‘dads late night taxi’ could have one of those on the screen