TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Spotify on version 9

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by Dborn, Nov 7, 2018.

1. P100D_Me

P100D_Me Member

My Model-S on 2018.42.3 eb373a0 can't go two days without not being able to log in. I disconnected it from the WiFi thinking that might have been the problem but it changed nothing, even with constant 3G connection I can't log in using the cars account or my own. Just keeping my fingers crossed they get enough feedback that it is not working and another update rolls out soon.

2. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

I think this has happened to lots of owners, as it did to me about a year ago. It seems to be random and affects individual users/cars or sometimes groups. I would log a ticket with Tesla.

3. P100D_Me

P100D_Me Member

My car is going in to Tesla service tomorrow for something unrelated so I will certainly mention it.

4. paulp

paulp Member

Tesla often have an over-the-air patch for certain known gremlins. They understandably wont admit that there is a known problem, and they wont send the patch to your car unless you tell them there is a problem. So to new owners my advice is get to know your local service guy (they all seem exceptional), and if you have an issue get on the phone, because the problem might be all fixed within the hour without even leaving your driveway.

5. P100D_Me

P100D_Me Member

Well my car is with them at the moment for a suspension issue, but late Friday I got a notification on my phone saying an update was available. Not sure if they initiated that at the service centre or just pure coincidence. I didn't proceed with it because I didn't want to mess with the car while it was there but I'm hoping that Tesla fixed the Spotify bug and because that was something I mentioned when I dropped it off they pushed it through right away.

6. paulp

paulp Member

Yes thats the patch that I mentioned. Never put up with problems, because the chances are there is an easy fix requiring a simple phone call. The good thing about aussie cars is we are weeks behind the US on releases, so they know about issues and have a solution well before we experience the problem.

• Like x 1
  7. PrGrPa

PrGrPa Supporting Member

Spotify hasn’t been able to log in for me since shortly after getting 2018.42.2. I called service. As folks have described, a known problem that affects a few cars unpredictably. Very pesky. Suggested possible fixes included: steering wheel button reset; steering wheel button + brake pedal reset; turning car off then on again; selecting a different language for the manual; wait for a software update.

My solution? Ignore Spotify for now and use Apple Music. ‘Hey Siri, it doesn’t matter what I ask for as you’ll play something completely different that I don’t like’.

8. paulp

paulp Member

Seems you are in the UK? Don’t steal our Aussie service tech’s, as they would never let such an issue linger, especially when a fix is available.

• Funny x 1
  9. PrGrPa

PrGrPa Supporting Member

In the UK indeed.

I do have an update though.
    First, after my SO had driven the car with her profile and I got in with my profile Spotify was back.
    Second, just got a notification that a software update is available. Not sure which version.

10. ICUDoc

ICUDoc Member

New update (46.2) fixes the Spotify issue- connects up straightaway when i got in the car last few mornings.
    Also: fun to start SW Update from the phone app!!

11. doctorwho

doctorwho Member

Spotify takes an awfully long time to show the playlists on my own Spotify account, the old problem where it inadequately buffers in less than perfect 3G reception is back, my Apple Watch often indicates that my Tesla Spotify playlists are still playing long after I've exited the car.

I've been a Tesla owner long enough to know that these problems will all be fixed in a future update, then all return in an update after that!