Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify on version 9

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In early January, I logged a technical fault via the technical support group (based in Salt Lake City) in relation to issues with Spotify freezing, lack of screen responsiveness and the touchscreen rebooting. I went through the usual resets with them and they logged in and could see there was a problem. The case was escalated to the Advanced Technical Team.

Today 22 January, I got a phone call from Brisbane service centre, who informed me these issues are affecting many cars in Australia and that the engineers are working on a software fix. Hopefully, it will be all resolved through a bug fix soon

• Informative
Reactions: P100D_Me
Richmond service centre told me in December they reported the issue back to Tesla as it was getting a lot of complaints. There's been 5 updates since 2018.48.12.1 but nothing for us it would appear.
I don't want a software 'fix', I want a fix. I'm happy to wait. Hopefully, it doesn't take as long as the AP1 fix for the 80/30 speed sign confusion

Reactions: P100D_Me
In early January, I logged a technical fault via the technical support group (based in Salt Lake City) in relation to issues with Spotify freezing, lack of screen responsiveness and the touchscreen rebooting. I went through the usual resets with them and they logged in and could see there was a problem. The case was escalated to the Advanced Technical Team.

Today 22 January, I got a phone call from Brisbane service centre, who informed me these issues are affecting many cars in Australia and that the engineers are working on a software fix. Hopefully, it will be all resolved through a bug fix soon

Great, so I’ll get a ‘bug fix’ that will likely break my unbroken spotify

• Funny
Reactions: Vegas
It's been a known issue to them for many weeks now, maybe six. They've rolled out other updates since then but I guess this one is pretty low on the to do list (even though they already rendered Spotify useless back in October, then fixed it again and now broke it again).

Great, so I’ll get a ‘bug fix’ that will likely break my unbroken spotify
Well this is the problem, I only updated from the last update that restored Spotify operation to fix the bug where hand free calls were answered muted. The update fixed that BT issue but broke Spotify again, shouldn't be this hard really. To top it off the release notes page (which never lists bug fixes anyway) was blank so who knows what you were getting. I was just told to update to 2018.48.12.1 to fix the phone bug.

Well this is the problem, I only updated from the last update that restored Spotify operation to fix the bug where hand free calls were answered muted. The update fixed that BT issue but broke Spotify again, shouldn't be this hard really. To top it off the release notes page (which never lists bug fixes anyway) was blank so who knows what you were getting. I was just told to update to 2018.48.12.1 to fix the phone bug.
I’ve been on 2018.48.12.2 for a while now, recieved it about 2 days after 12.1. Maybe thats why my spotify works?
Makes it tough putting up with known bugs when tesla seem to find time to do fart noises and more video games.

Reactions: ICUDoc
I have one car on 48.1. Getting all the same freezing issues. The other car is on 50.6. The freezing issue occurs less often, but, it is impossible to log in without a reboot. Sometimes it takes more than one go. And even after logging in, if I choose another source or turn the car off, I have to go through the whole process again.

And, even when playing music form the phone, the systems hangs and or freezes.

Absolutely hopeless. It’s really starting to detract from the enjoyment of these cars. Got a log fire though!

Absolutely hopeless. It’s really starting to detract from the enjoyment of these cars. Got a log fire though!
That is where I am at with it all too, these constant issues are breaking functions that we expect to work flawlessly and I'll use the throw away line 'like they work flawlessly in other cars'.
I think the most frustrating part of the experience of everyone being a beta tester is being told from the Service centres that the issues are known to Tesla and they are working on it, only to see new features (if you'd call a fart simulator a feature) get added and fixing real issues getting pushed to the back burner.
As far as I know there is just no way to shout loud enough at the powers that be within Tesla to have the focus on the right tasks, you are at the mercy of the Service centres giving them feedback and hoping for the best.
I haven't had my car very long but at this stage I would not consider buying another one because of the shonky software experiences with them.

That is where I am at with it all too, these constant issues are breaking functions that we expect to work flawlessly and I'll use the throw away line 'like they work flawlessly in other cars'.
I think the most frustrating part of the experience of everyone being a beta tester is being told from the Service centres that the issues are known to Tesla and they are working on it, only to see new features (if you'd call a fart simulator a feature) get added and fixing real issues getting pushed to the back burner.
As far as I know there is just no way to shout loud enough at the powers that be within Tesla to have the focus on the right tasks, you are at the mercy of the Service centres giving them feedback and hoping for the best.
I haven't had my car very long but at this stage I would not consider buying another one because of the shonky software experiences with them.
On your 'my tesla' page, you can 'supposedly' move an item up the list.

The thing is if Tesla aren't actioning any issues that the service centres are reporting from multiple customers then as an individual it will fall on deaf ears even more.
I've dealt with Tesla via Email very early on when I was trying to transfer the vehicle details to my account. I had 6 Emails to them, got 2 responses with nothing more than generic text. I had to do it via the Service centre instead, which is fine but it tells me the Email contact at least is pointless if you are complaining about something.

@doctorwho I am not so sure the SC had anything to do with it...I just got my 2018.50.6 4ec03ed pushed out last night....no SC request for this....
The update was being rolled out anyway. When I dropped by the service centre I was told that it would be pushed out to me that afternoon, and that's when I received the notification. Coincidence? Maybe but unlikely