TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Spotify on version 9

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by Dborn, Nov 7, 2018.

1. doctorwho

doctorwho Member

Grace told me she'd push it, wait an hour, it appeared after 2 hours. I'm happy to give her the assist for this

2. paulp

paulp Active Member

I recieved update 50.7 around 2 weeks ago. I didn’t ask for it, I didn’t have spotify issues and fortunately I havn’t inherited any. My other identical tesla (both cars share a birthday) hasn’t yet recieved this update.

3. Teepeebee

Teepeebee New Member

I reported my issue on 3rd January and was told a fix was coming in 2 weeks. Called just now to ask for latest as no updates have arrived. I was told they couldn’t tell me when the fix/update would come but they were hoping it was soon.

4. EcoCloudIT

EcoCloudIT Member

@paulp AP1 to AP2+ use different version numbers in terms of a general release to vehicles.....

5. EcoCloudIT

EcoCloudIT Member

#85 EcoCloudIT, Feb 14, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    Spotify
    Okay, 50.6 on my AP1 (wife is on 50.7 on her AP2.5) and Spotify is officially way worse for me (not sure on the wife's X as yet)....every single time I get in the car I have to reboot, period no exceptions. Secondly, upon reboot I have to click on the "Use Tesla Account" in Spotify, wait for it to log in (a long time), select songs (doesn't work) then go to Radio and then back to Spotify and then Songs...then works...until I get out of the car/lock and come back and I must then repeat the whole process.

I have a Spotify premium account, makes no change using Tesla's account or my own.

Second issue
    Furthermore, the right hand voice button on the steering wheel simply doesn't work without pressing it like a dozen times....finally it beeps but when it does go in to the listen mode it does not hear what I am saying...repeat this process and swear a lot and then finally it starts working....I believe this has been an issue for a while but only happens for the first time after a reboot...when one is only rebooting once or twice a month it's not such a big deal...now I am rebooting every darn time I get in the car it's become a bigger exponentially more frustrating.

Third issue
    For the first 1-2 calls after a reboot, and sporadically thereafter, when I make a call with my mobile phone connected via bluetooth the sound does not come out the speakers....the called/calling party say they can hear me (so I assume MIC is working) however I have to swap around between Tesla connected and speaker on the phone and then just for no reason starts working.....until it decides for no reason what so ever it is going to play up again.

Summary
    These are the issues I have found in 24 hours since getting the update....waited like 6-8 weeks for an update that I assumed was a bug fix and I can say without question it is worse than before. No new features, just the same farts/romantic display screen after update....so I assumed the updates was purely meant to be a bug fix, what the hell was fixed because to Tesla's usual style, of late, they've introduced more darn bugs then they fixed!

Who the hell in Telsa is in charge of these releases? It's not like they have many difference versions of hardware in the cars to do tests on...it's very apparent they are only doing virtual software checks before pushing out a release.....

Not happy, Jan!
    (In case a non-Australia is reading this and wondering the reference to Jan, )

• Informative x 1
  6. P100D_Me

P100D_Me Member

The BT sound issue when answering calls was in an early V9 update last year, but that update had Spotify working flawlessly.
    The update I was advised to go to for the BT fix was 2018.48.12.1, this did fix the BT issue but broke Spotify to the point where Spotify could freeze the MCU (I am still stuck on this release).
    Now you are saying they've managed to put both those bugs in to the same release! You are right, who the hell is in charge over there?
    If you contact the Melbourne service centre about your latest update I'd be interested to hear if they tell you they have already had a lot of complaints about 50.6.

7. ICUDoc

ICUDoc Member

I concur, mine is the same and very annoying.
    One small workaround- adjust the volume (L scroll wheel) when you use the phone-and that makes the phone work immediately.
    Otherwise- now I am no longer committed to Tesla. I was pretty keen on a Roadster, but now will review any potential EV competitors instead. The ****ing radio should ****ing work.

• Like x 1
  8. P100D_Me

P100D_Me Member

That was the exact work around last year before they (temporarily) fixed it in 2018.48.12.1
    I'm feeling the same as you, I'm sold on EV's, particularly the performance but I wouldn't consider buying a Tesla again, the software stability feels like that of a $100 Chinese smart phone.

9. EcoCloudIT

EcoCloudIT Member

<rant>
    What is most frustrating on top of the bugs is the turn around time waiting for fixes to these bugs....if Telsa introduced a bug way back in say 2016 then an update would come out fairly quickly...we now wait 1-2 months (don't get me started on the fact that the bug doesn't get fixed after long wait)....
    </rant>

I just want to enjoy my car like to used to, it used to be such a pleasurable experience every time I got in to the car...now I am cranky/frustrated because of waiting so long for updates to fix bugs that just never seems to come and it seems the SC is powerless to do anything about it.

I have tried complaining to the top, I have tried emailing...deaf ears...I will be contact Mark Tipping and letting him loose on it (if you haven't you should all consider joining the Telsa Owners Club, they're a great resource of information and help).

10. P100D_Me

P100D_Me Member

I've only owned mine since Sept 2017, it's all I've known from Tesla sadly.

11. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Teslas are like the little girl with the little curl: when they are good they are very very good, but when they are bad they are horrid.

My spotify has also stopped working lately (2018.50.6). My kids always want a song as soon as they get into the car, and it's annoying to all of us to wait minutes for reboots and endless login attempts.

I was a software developer in my 20s and 30s, and I can tell this software is attrocious. My gut feeling is that the basics were built in months by a genius many years ago, and no one who works there now wants to tinker too much in case they break it.

12. raynewman

raynewman Active Member

Firstly, TOCA is a waste of time. The only way to get anything fixed (Tesla of Telstra) is to go make a hairy nuisance of yourself; I have had quite a number of "impossible" things fixed. JUST GO DO IT!

• Disagree x 2
    • Informative x 1
  13. P100D_Me

P100D_Me Member

One of the main issues with Spotify on my version (2018.48.12.1) is that if the MCU is having a bad day and you attempt to use Spotify it locks up the MCU completely, no self recovery, you have to do the scroll wheel reset.
    I'm just wondering, does the new version still do this?
    It's really easy to make happen, just be on 3G (or whatever yours has), switch from radio or USB to a Spotify album that might be in the favourites section at the bottom and it will freeze. Mine did it twice yesterday when I accidentally touched it trying to adjust the A/C.

I have an AP2 car and by the look of it 2018.50.6 is the latest they are going to, so it looks like I still won't have working Spotify based on your experience. Good thing the SC told me in November that it was a known issue and will be fixed for the next update.

Yes, the MCU feels like it is really struggling for CPU power, but that could also be sloppy coding.
    I am a programmer as well and seeing the bugs that creep in, seeing the bugs that don't get fixed makes me think you are correct. The key people behind the code have left and now there is just a team of people adding in things hoping it doesn't all fall apart (which it is slowly doing).

14. P100D_Me

P100D_Me Member

I got my update notification today (no idea what version, probably 2018.50.6). I think I'm just going to wait and see how much others struggle with it. By the sound of it the reasons for me wanting to update haven't been fixed anyway and I don't want to get the BT muted issue again which a couple of people have found.

15. ICUDoc

ICUDoc Member

I upgraded. It IS 2018.50.6. Haven’t tried it out yet. Didn’t hesitate to load it though- couldn’t be worse than what they’ve got now...

16. P100D_Me

P100D_Me Member

Actually ICUDoc it really could be worse if things we've been waiting on aren't fix then there is the risk (as history would show) new bugs will be there.

17. ICUDoc

ICUDoc Member

You’re right.
    So far, looks the same. Romantic mode is cute but doesn’t help Spotify issues....

18. Berridge

Berridge Member

19. Berridge

Berridge Member

I have the EXACT same Spotify and phone issues. I am in New Zealand so perhaps we have similar versions of the software.
    I also have a problem with cruise control stopping the car for parked cars thinking it is going to hit them. I assumed this last problem is a left hand - right hand drive problem and that the left hand drive software hasn't been converted properly.

20. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Don't the LHD/RHD is the issue, that's actually a pretty simple problem since they are just mirrors of eachother. The same code would run, just with a +- sign reversal on lateral parameters.
    I'd say the actual problem is just that the system isn't perfect yet, no matter what country :)