Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify on version 9

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the EXACT same Spotify and phone issues. I am in New Zealand so perhaps we have similar versions of the software.
I also have a problem with cruise control stopping the car for parked cars thinking it is going to hit them. I assumed this last problem is a left hand - right hand drive problem and that the left hand drive software hasn't been converted properly.
The system is still Beta. Mine has slammed the brakes on twice for that completely transparent phantom car in front.
A great idea is to capture the dashcam, do a file note, and send it to tesla so they can iron the bugs out. Alternatively someone may have made a transparent car and the tesla saved me from crashing into it

Update
I discussed my issues with Grace from SC Melbourne and she has let me know the update that was released (50.6 on AP1 and 50.7 on AP2+) was a release that will allow the Tesla to now release a proper bug fix for the issues I have previously mentioned. The time frame was 1-2 weeks as of a few days ago.

I am happy Grace was able to inform me and appreciate she was given the authority to do so, however Tesla have this big wonderful screen in our cars that has the release notes shown to us once the update has finish...on what world why wouldn't they inform us on the screen what Grace had just told me?

Tesla have this big wonderful screen in our cars that has the release notes shown to us once the update has finish...on what world why wouldn't they inform us on the screen what Grace had just told me?
Arrogance, holier than thou attitude, bugs, what bugs? People don't need to know what bugs we fixed.
You are dead right though, the Tesla faithful like to tout the line "they are a software company", ok, start behaving like one then.
List what is new, what is fixed, what are outstanding issues.....like all software releases tend to do.

Reactions: mike_j
That isn't beta, that is outright dangerous. Show me one other car on the market that slams the brakes on because of phantom cars?
I have two other cars in my garage with AEB and neither of those have ever 'glitched'.
Apologies I didn’t mention the multiple times that it also slammed the brakes on and saved me from likely collision, twice due to an idiot two cars in front. It’s a beta. I purchased knowing that.

Update
I discussed my issues with Grace from SC Melbourne and she has let me know the update that was released (50.6 on AP1 and 50.7 on AP2+) was a release that will allow the Tesla to now release a proper bug fix for the issues I have previously mentioned. The time frame was 1-2 weeks as of a few days ago.

I am happy Grace was able to inform me and appreciate she was given the authority to do so, however Tesla have this big wonderful screen in our cars that has the release notes shown to us once the update has finish...on what world why wouldn't they inform us on the screen what Grace had just told me?
50.6 helps, however, I still have intermittent connection issue. I can log in, at least, but just get the spinning circle for a few hours when I try to load my playlists

This is just so disappointing. More than three months and no fix now to a coding error. And with Tesla’s walled garden, no open-source approach, there is no 3rd party to blame. Hard not to see the obvious lack of resources devoted to fixing UI issues as emblematic of a work force that is understaffed, overworked and rudderless under idiosyncratic leadership. And I say that as admirer and fan of Elon - still!

But we got fart mode so...

That isn't beta, that is outright dangerous. Show me one other car on the market that slams the brakes on because of phantom cars?
I have two other cars in my garage with AEB and neither of those have ever 'glitched'.
A friend of mine just got an Audi Q7 and it slams the brakes on regularly, usually in response to unrelated traffic far ahead.

A friend of mine just got an Audi Q7 and it slams the brakes on regularly, usually in response to unrelated traffic far ahead.
Before the tesla I had a new bmw suv that would slam the accelerator on (more max power to engine without moving the accelerator) whilst driving, regardless of the traffic ahead. The authorities refused to deal with it unless I could prove it happened. BMW just deleted the logs. Terrible company.

Well given the car is advertised with.....
  • Media FM radio and Bluetooth® connectivity, with on-demand & internet radio capability
It is a feature that needs to be fixed, our cars were purchased with it working, Tesla broke the functionality! It must be an interesting conversation between the dealer and new owners when their cars are delivered with non working Spotity.