TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Spotify on version 9

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by Dborn, Nov 7, 2018.

1. raynewman

raynewman Active Member

Where did you find a dealer that delivers new Teslas?

2. Dborn

Dborn Confirmed

Sent in a support request through the web site. I don’t hold out much hope but we will see. Still not connecting.
    I have an appointment for the airbag recall coming up shortly so will wait for that and bring it up.

3. doctorwho

doctorwho Member

When I had my airbags replaced, they told me that it'll be fixed in the next update. I'm sure it will, but then it'll broken in the following update

• Like x 1
  4. Berridge

Berridge Member

Yippee! Spotify worked for two days this week. First time this year!
    Then it died again.
    The Tesla dealer has been telling me since Christmas that this is a known problem and "the engineers are working on it" (since Christmas??)

5. Dborn

Dborn Confirmed

#125 Dborn, Mar 23, 2019 at 12:09 AM
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2019 at 12:14 AM
    Was told update will fix and would be 2 weeks. I am assuming Tesla time!!! I requested latest update be installed while they were doing the air bag (or, as my daughter called it, boob job! Especially since my car has had an Unplugged performance “nose job”!). By the way, they only do the passenger side as apparently the drivers side and curtains are not affected.

6. P100D_Me

P100D_Me Member

Spotify is not available on US cars, therefore the care factor is minimal I would say, got to keep the mass market happy first.

7. stphw

stphw Member

Mine was working great until I had to reboot and now it usually won't log in to spotify again. Afraid to reboot too many times because my mcu died during a reboot recently. Needed an out of warranty replacement.

8. paulp

paulp Active Member

You must have one of the very first model s in Australia to be out of warranty?

9. stphw

stphw Member

Yeah, it was 6 weeks out of warranty though also over the kms.

10. bena

bena Member

They told me in January it would be fixed in the next release, then in February still not working, and in March I emailed them again and they did not even bother to reply.

Between months of no Spotify, extremely large price drops, over-priced accredited repairs, lack of Sentry Mode and still no auto pilot - despite paying over $330K for a fully optioned-out Model X P100D - I am growing tired of the Telsa "experience". I know early adopters will suffer, but two of those complaints (Spotify, Sentry) are straight-forward no-cost software updates and it's unreasonable that Tesla cannot get its act together enough to push them out.

On a related note I noticed the Tesla support responses used to include the customer service agent's name, but now it's just a generic signature block. I guess the lack of accountability reflects the deteriorating service culture of Tesla Australia.

11. paulp

paulp Active Member

When you purchased your tesla sentry mode, doggy mode.....fart mode...was not even contemplated.....so you need a mindset change. Tesla unlike every other car brand provide you free software updates after your purchase. I’ve recieved a free dashcam mode since my contract was settled. Havnt ever seen bmw, merc, audi, holde do that. You should be grateful for that, and have no expectations or demands.
    Also the service culture in Adelaide is incredible, and its entirely your choice where you get damage repaired.

12. P100D_Me

P100D_Me Member

All valid points you make. It is hard not to let these things bring you down and experience some buyers regret, just like when I am driving along listening to the sunroof rattling on my $200K+ 'luxury car', seriously this stuff has been sorted by every other manufacturer how can they not have figured this out through trial, error and 'oh look how they did it'.

I don't see anything will change with Tesla, if anything it'll just get worse if you don't own the latest model because they themselves just seem to move on to play with the next shiny ball that rolls past.

You have to be a bit forgiving to our local service centres though, that Spotify issue is not their fault and I am sure they are being told by HQ that it will be getting fixed, definitely a case of don't shoot the messenger. If they bring out more stupid easter eggs instead of fixing these issues with the MCU that just shows they don't take customers (or should I say, end users) seriously. To that I would add the Melbourne service department are awesome, no complaints at all about those guys.