TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Spotify on version 9

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by Dborn, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Berridge

Berridge Member

Data caps could still apply on WiFi. Presumably Tesla are paying Spotify for this service and I wonder whether they are only paying for so much content.
    I seem to remember reading somewhere that Tesla were going to start charging for a better cellphone service. You could stay with the free one and all it would deliver was the navigation and maps, but if you wanted more and faster data you would have to pay an annual fee. So they are clearly conscious what all this costs them.

2. P100D_Me

P100D_Me Member

Yes sorry, I should have said a lot of people because that is what the service centre told me, 'a lot of complaints Spotify has stopped working' when this first surfaced and I contacted them.

Yeah maybe but as I also mentioned using a non Tesla account on home WiFi the problems still exist.

3. Berridge

Berridge Member

I have just heard back from my Tesla dealer:

"Yes you are correct, it is a widespread concern.
    The latest information we have is that there is a fix coming in future updates, should be the next one you receive which is the 2019.4 update."

4. P100D_Me

P100D_Me Member

#144 P100D_Me, Mar 25, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    Exactly the same line they fed me in October, any update since then has temporarily fixed it at best, this has been my experience.

2018.44 (I think it was) is when I first had issues, would not work at all.
    2018.48.12.1 fixed it for a half a day, but also this one had the MCU totally freeze when Spotify was accessed.
    2018.50.6 fixes it for a few days then it can't play again, this is what I am on now.

My car is an AP2 version so we don't see the update rates the AP2.5 cars get. But then if they aren't actually working on the media part of the software then it doesn't matter how many updates each AP version is getting.

5. paulp

paulp Active Member

All tesla sold in australia from about this time last year have to pay for data after the first year. I was informed that it will be about $100 per annum

• Informative x 1
  6. doctorwho

doctorwho Member

It sure doesn't mind turning on Spotify on my phone every time I get into the car and chewing through hundreds of MB of data every day. I'm so sick of it I'm about to delete Spotify from my phone to stop it happening

7. Fantomsss

Fantomsss Member

I just got the car three days ago and too have Spotify problem. Latest firmware with dog mode.

Symptoms: it won’t play direct or via phone. Reset fixes it right away. Happened twice so far. I have my own Spotify account and playlists are downloaded. Tried to play from phone and the same problem. Initially I thought it was Spotify or Telstra issue but no think it is Tesla.

Sound system is so good that it is bloody annoying having to pull up and reboot. Radio works and map works when Spotify stopped. It has continuous scrolling donut over play button when it has a problem over any song I have tried.

8. P100D_Me

P100D_Me Member

Sorry to say Spotify has been like that since about October last year (as has been expressed in several posts above your one), service centre just keeping telling us all it'll be fixed in the next update.....next update comes it isn't fixed or it is worse (there was one update that caused the MCU to totally lockup when you tried to use Spotify). Pretty disappointing, it shouldn't be this hard surely?

It's also disappointing to hear you are already on the latest update we've been waiting for to get working Spotify again and it is still not fixed. I just save myself the frustration and distraction and put my music on a USB. This actually works ok for me as I can move it between the different cars we own.

9. raynewman

raynewman Active Member

You don't have to pull up to reboot.

10. PJF000

PJF000 Member

And that is true for both screens - the MCU and the screen in front of you.

11. ICUDoc

ICUDoc Member

Can't tell you why but mine has been BETTER in the last week or so:
    It says "No Connectivity" when you start the car, but after a couple of minutes, you can then use the system, despite saying there is no connectivity....
    'Weird, but good.

12. Fantomsss

Fantomsss Member

So can reboot while driving? Or like at long traffic light? I’d have thought would need to be at least in P.

13. paulp

paulp Active Member

You can reboot but will loose both screens and aircon momentarily, so no speed or indicators.

14. Berridge

Berridge Member

Well my dealer was right (so far). The car got an update on Friday and ever since Spotify has been (mainly) working!
    According to my phone I am on Version 2019.8.3 da116a6.

• Informative x 1
  15. paulp

paulp Active Member

Thats the doggy mode with sentry update. I recieved 8.4 yesterday in one of my two identical model.....but can’t see what it has added.

16. P100D_Me

P100D_Me Member

Ahh the old invisible release notes trick again.

17. Salamanca

Salamanca New Member

Hi Vegas,

I have lag issues with Spotify and Tune in. TSC staged an update to 2019.8.4 and since then Spotify blacks out my center screen every now and then. Any advise?

18. ICUDoc

ICUDoc Member

sorry, Salamanca, I haven't seen that error on mine in 2019.8.4.
    in fact, Spotify is now much better for me so I am unsure if it is a software problem for you?

19. P100D_Me

P100D_Me Member

I'm finding the same ICUDoc, 2019.8.4 seems stable for me so far, Spotify is working without any glitches, no MCU freezing or resets needed. But I can sympathise with Salamanca, one of the updates I got last year made Spotify totally unusable and when you attempted to use it the whole screen froze until it was rebooted, yet that didn't happen for others on the same software release.

20. Vegas

Vegas Member

Hey Salamanca, sorry about the late response. Unfortunately, I've never encountered that fault - sounds like you should contact the service centre so there can re-install the latest update - must be a glitch in the original down load.