Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify on version 9

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
since “upgrading”, my car does not want to log in. Anyone else?
Not much of an upgrade in my opinion. Everything bland grey. Especially for AP1 cars.
I like V9 with AP1, the new stuff is the ability to run 3 things on the centre display simultaneously, media browser in small/med/large another app and the map. Also I’ve used the ‘send destination to car’ from the App and the simplification of the settings pages.
I also think that it’s snappier to use.

Spotify is working for me after update but I have to say I prefer the old version. I very rarely use maps so I HATE that it is always on the screen when I don't need it. Much prefer the old split screen so I could have music and energy or music and rear camera without losing any space to map I don't need or just have music full screen (or have music on top and energy underneath as prefer music controls easier to see/reach). I know there has been quite a bit of negative feedback about this so I am hoping they add the ability to have true split screen back without any maps in a future update (or maybe just an option to choose between "old style" and "new style" interface). Also found the Spotify interface has lost a bit in the new one (partly because you can no longer have full screen so can't see as many things on the screen as before).

Reactions: tccartier
You like the colors? Traffic also not nearly as useful as it was.
I actually do like the colours.
Traffic is the same, but just doesn't show green for every road where there is no congestion. I prefer this, because sometimes it was hard to see road details with an unnecessary green line over them. Also at night the map just looked like a sea of green, which was brighter than the non-monitored streets.
I also like the different levels of media player, and the new toolbar at the bottom.

I agree it's no big deal for AP1 cars, certainly we won't get the fun stuff like Nav on AP etc.

Spotify is working for me after update but I have to say I prefer the old version. I very rarely use maps so I HATE that it is always on the screen when I don't need it. Much prefer the old split screen so I could have music and energy or music and rear camera without losing any space to map I don't need or just have music full screen (or have music on top and energy underneath as prefer music controls easier to see/reach). I know there has been quite a bit of negative feedback about this so I am hoping they add the ability to have true split screen back without any maps in a future update (or maybe just an option to choose between "old style" and "new style" interface). Also found the Spotify interface has lost a bit in the new one (partly because you can no longer have full screen so can't see as many things on the screen as before).
I’m the opposite. I like my map and the automatic music pop up everytime I drive is a touch annoying. Tesla need to make the options more customisable, as everyone has their own preferences.....although we could always go back to a 4” gps and a cd palyer with radio I suppose.....

• Funny
Reactions: ICUDoc