Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify on version 9

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One thing I've noticed which is a bit annoying, is if you go into Romantic mode it then defaults to the Romantic Playlist every time when you start up, even if you have used another few playlists since.
Not sure why romantic mode even exists. Fart mode is even worse, especially when these are put out whilst so many people are having problems with their software functioning as stated.

Not sure why romantic mode even exists. Fart mode is even worse, especially when these are put out whilst so many people are having problems with their software functioning as stated.
paulp , have you tried fart mode?
I was showing how silly i thought the idea was, but ended up with a carfull of family laughing hysterically. Good for at least a one-time gag. (not saying I approve of the waste of Developer time....)

Good for at least a one-time gag. (not saying I approve of the waste of Developer time....)
I get they are trying to keep the car different to anything else out there with silly gags and easter eggs. The problem was the romantic mode and fart noises came out at a time when the software was very unstable, certain things just didn't work at all (eg Spotify) and the service centres no doubt under the guidance from Tesla HQ were telling everyone all the operational issues will be fixed in the next update. They didn't get fixed, instead they grabbed some media attention with the easter eggs.

paulp , have you tried fart mode?
I was showing how silly i thought the idea was, but ended up with a carfull of family laughing hysterically. Good for at least a one-time gag. (not saying I approve of the waste of Developer time....)
Yes of course I’ve tried it. Great for a laugh, although I generally dont look to my car for comic relief, rather I look to my car to provide a safe, secure, pleasurable fault free robust driving experience. I just prefer tesla focus on the fault free and robust bit, as the safe, secure, and pleasurable has been met.

Reactions: ICUDoc
Hey Salamanca, sorry about the late response. Unfortunately, I've never encountered that fault - sounds like you should contact the service centre so there can re-install the latest update - must be a glitch in the original down load.
I found out that by removing the USB stick and therefore stop the permanent camera recording, all lag and stutter have stopped aswel.
Surround camera recording is beta not?

Hi All,

Any further update on this issue?

I just purchased a Telsa Model 3. Two questions:

1. should it have a web browser (software V.9 states it does but I can't see it)
2. Music voice controls:
-This is my major area of concern.
-If I say "Triple M" via the voice control, the radio switches on and will default to 91.0 (but not Triple M). If I say "radio" nothing happens at all. Any advice on how to better to control this?
- I can find no voice activated command that will switch to "Media" (ie. anything playing on my iPhone via Spotify). I need to do that manually. Should there be a voice control function?

The reason I'm after a browser is to download tesplay which I understand should solve the latter issue. Reading this post, it doesn't sound like others have this issue (I assume most on this forum have the Model S).

I can also see lots of recommendations to load music on a USB and plug it in but that would be a last resort.

Any thoughts or guidance would be welcome.

I just purchased a Telsa Model 3. Two questions:

I am guessing you have the SR+ version? That will not have web browser AFAIK as the browser would require premium connectivity which only comes with LR or Performance models (and which would also give you Spotify). There has been mention that SR+ owners may be able to upgrade and pay for Premium Connectivity but not sure if/when that is happening.

Sorry can't help with voice commands for radio or other media - I only ever use Spotify or TuneIn in the car. Have found the voice control of Spotify a bit hit and miss as it has a tendency to hang rather than selecting what I want but now that I have my Spotify playlists set up I usually just pick a playlist when I get in the car and never touch it after that unless daughter is in the car in which case I lose all control!

• Funny
Reactions: baillies
I can find no voice activated command that will switch to "Media" (ie. anything playing on my iPhone via Spotify). I need to do that manually. Should there be a voice control function?

The reason I'm after a browser is to download tesplay which I understand should solve the latter issue. Reading this post, it doesn't sound like others have this issue (I assume most on this forum have the Model S).
I don't know how different the Model 3 might be but the voice control is the Model-S is pretty bad, I'm not sure if it hasn't been tweaked for non American accents or it is just sub par, I don't even bother with it in my Model-S. Mind you I've not bothered with it in the other cars I have that support such a thing.

When you say 'download tesplay', what is that? Either way I am pretty sure you can't download and install things like you would a browser on a PC. I have looked at the browser in my car and I probably would rather grab my phone to look something up vs use the cars browser (note, my Model-S only has 3G and WiFi isn't even Wireles-N spec!).

I am guessing you have the SR+ version? That will not have web browser AFAIK as the browser would require premium connectivity which only comes with LR or Performance models (and which would also give you Spotify). There has been mention that SR+ owners may be able to upgrade and pay for Premium Connectivity but not sure if/when that is happening.

Sorry can't help with voice commands for radio or other media - I only ever use Spotify or TuneIn in the car. Have found the voice control of Spotify a bit hit and miss as it has a tendency to hang rather than selecting what I want but now that I have my Spotify playlists set up I usually just pick a playlist when I get in the car and never touch it after that unless daughter is in the car in which case I lose all control!
Spotify is coming to everyone with the V10 software according to the Tesla release notes.
Introducing Software Version 10.0

• Informative
Reactions: PrGrPa
It will only work when connected to WiFi if you don't have premium connectivity. I would assume that you could possibly set your phone up as a WiFi hotspot though and then it should work when driving if you don't mind using your phone data?

You can't. Wifi disables if car not in P. I'm sure they could change that in software but at the moment the hotspot solution will only work in Park.

• Informative
Reactions: baillies
I agree, there was a time when you had to wait and Sotify (all music, actually) was slow and annoyingly crap. That seems well and truly past now, but I can’t check cos I sold my old car. Very quick I. The new one, which is unhelpful to anyone with an older car...