Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify Playlist - tracks missing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have 3 spotify playlists - 1 of of the play list only seems to be showing half of the tracks - anyone else had this problem - I have tried signing in and out of the account but still the same.
All tracks show fine on the phone.
no sure how to fix it
anyone else seen this before or know how i can resolve it.
one more thing - One i get to the last track if i press forward it does move to the next track that should be there, so there just not showing in the list....
Driving me crazy

No all tracks are from spotify - updated 2 other playlists and the new tracks aren't being added. all very strange. Logged out and back in again - has no effect. going to create a new playlist and see if that shows up.

No all tracks are from spotify - updated 2 other playlists and the new tracks aren't being added. all very strange. Logged out and back in again - has no effect. going to create a new playlist and see if that shows up.
Similar problem, some albums are there, others greyed out. All play fine on any other device. Presumed it was a bug as never had problem before one of the recent updates.

I have the same problem. With me it seems to be with every Spotify playlist. Each list only has x-percentage of the entire list. I can continue with the forward and back buttons in the list, but this is not visible on the screen. I hope this will be solved soon!

Is it possible those tracks aren’t available on Spotify in the Netherlands (or wherever your car thinks it’s internet connection is located) - can you search for one of the tracks and play it directly for example?

Pritty much half my play list missing from certain point. Driving me nuts. Going to try and create a new playlist and move all tracks across and see what happens. Driving me crazy as with the latest slow down after the last update.

I have had this same problem since a few updates ago and it also drives me crazy. I cannot see the full playlist, but I can navigate to the songs using the scroll wheels on the steering wheel. How do we get them to pay attention to this bug?

Simple test to see if AlistairUk is right (and is how I continue to watch some Netflix which is also otherwise unavailable

Simply create a hot spot from your phone and connect your car Wi-fi to it. Once confirmed that they are connected, load Spotify and see if your tracks reappear. If they do, it is a country / rights issue.

With data so cheap, I often do this anyway and make the most of my 5G / 4G connection without hopping halfway across Europe

This also happened to me while listening to The History of Rome podcast, so I doubt it's any sort of permissions issue. The display limit seems to be ~100 entries. Here, they are 'episodes'. I also have a playlist with ~8 hours of music, and it only shows the first ~100 of the tracks. As mentioned earlier, I can get the other episodes using Spotify on my phone and tell Spotify to play it on my "Tesla" device. After that, it will continue on through the episodes one at a time. If I pick up listening in my office then go back to the car, it remembers where I am. But, if I listen to anything else, I can't get back to my place in the podcast in the car without using my phone.

I was originally planning to re-subscribe to premium connectivity after the 1 Year subscription ended but with various Spotify & Netflix issues I've continued using a (higher audio quality) USB FLAC playlist & a wifi hotspot if I'm on a longer journey. Likewise for Netflix on the rare occasions I'm supercharging.

If they ever create a more versatile, reliable (UK server) option I will consider a new subscription but Tesla being Tesla I doubt that will ever happen.