Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify podcasts on Premium connectivity on my M3LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi
Being an old git I like to listen to podcasts while I am driving and I thought this was fantastic solution to use tesla account on Spotify to listen to some, but it doesn't work at all.
The general Spotify works OK but podcasts not at all, none of them play and I only have the choice of 12 and cannot search for more, not sure if I am doing something wrong.
I wondered if this is just an issue with Tesla account and it will be better if I subscribe and have my account or if I am just doing something wrong or its just not going to work?
Many thanks
Roy

Hi
Being an old git I like to listen to podcasts while I am driving and I thought this was fantastic solution to use tesla account on Spotify to listen to some, but it doesn't work at all.
The general Spotify works OK but podcasts not at all, none of them play and I only have the choice of 12 and cannot search for more, not sure if I am doing something wrong.
I wondered if this is just an issue with Tesla account and it will be better if I subscribe and have my account or if I am just doing something wrong or its just not going to work?
Many thanks
Roy
Every 3-4 days Spotify will not update. podcasts are 3-5 days old. Only a soft or hard re boot will work.
Spotify has been on all these cars, yes it only works randomly. WHY?

I just use bluetooth for this kind of thing. for my iphone it hears ‘hey siri’ pretty well when sat on the charger, and it’ll talk/listen to you through the car bluetooth.

And the steering wheel commands for skip etc work fine over bluetooth - on my overcast app I use that normally means skipping 30 seconds ahead rather than skippig the entire track.

Reactions: Lee Davis