Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

spotify problems

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dear Tesla members,

I have recently been having problems with Spotify.
On quite a few occasions, my spotify fails to load and only re-loads after I park the car for a few hours.

Anyone else have this problem? Is there a quick solution to it?

Many thanks!

Reactions: Rooster6655
I regularly have trouble getting Spotify to either load at all or to load my library.

For the first case, a scroll-wheel reset will usually fix it.

For the second case - when the library won't work (Main Spotify screen loads, but hitting "Songs" results in infinite loading.... screen) - the solution for me is to switch across to TuneIn, wait for that front page to load, then go back to Spotify and try again. Works 100% of the time.

(But I'm a Model-S with MCU-1 and I suspect fundamentally the second issue is lack-of-memory related, and that shouldn't affect newer MCU-2 cars like all Model-3)

Dear Tesla members,

I have recently been having problems with Spotify.
On quite a few occasions, my spotify fails to load and only re-loads after I park the car for a few hours.

Anyone else have this problem? Is there a quick solution to it?

Many thanks!

Yes this is a problem for me but also I then try to connect by phone and it won’t play at all very annoying on a long drive!

Will try the tunein trick but don’t think that’s going to help. Will try a reboot and hope that fixes it at least temporarily

So the reboot (holding both steering wheel buttons down) seemed to work but obviously not useful if your driving

You can do the 2-buttons reboot while driving. I did it many times before. For Model S and X, you can still see the dashboard display, just the center display get rebooted. For the Model 3, you lost the only display you got but you could still drive... a bit strange but it works.

Reactions: .jg.
Biggest Spotify gripe for me is lack of gapless playback. Works fine with Spotify on other devices (phone and desktop apps, etc.), so just the Tesla (and Google Home Mini) implementations of Spotify which have this problem.

Sadly this bug spoils many of my favourite albums!

Biggest Spotify gripe for me is lack of gapless playback. Works fine with Spotify on other devices (phone and desktop apps, etc.), so just the Tesla (and Google Home Mini) implementations of Spotify which have this problem.

Sadly this bug spoils many of my favourite albums!

The biggest problem for me was that It doesn't remember where you are if you switch to another music app like Tune-In. On my phone, I could switch to 3 or 4 other music app and still come to the song and playlist I last listened to on Spotify. But Tesla Spotify app starts from fresh every time.

Should Spotify sync my albums that I have added from other devices? When I logged in for the first time in the car, nothing appears in my albums. Is there a way to fix that so I don't have to add everything from the car's UI?

Should Spotify sync my albums that I have added from other devices? When I logged in for the first time in the car, nothing appears in my albums. Is there a way to fix that so I don't have to add everything from the car's UI?
If you've logged in with the same Spotify account, it should sync over.

My experience, though, is that changes you make on other devices can take quite some time to show up in the Tesla client. It obviously doesn't sync back to Spotify that often (it's taken days before now for tracks I've added elsewhere to show up). One way of speeding it up - a bit drastic but it works - is to reboot the car. Opening Spotify will take ages after this but it's obviously doing a sync when you try it and, once (if) that completes, recent stuff should appear in the list.

If you've logged in with the same Spotify account, it should sync over.

My experience, though, is that changes you make on other devices can take quite some time to show up in the Tesla client. It obviously doesn't sync back to Spotify that often (it's taken days before now for tracks I've added elsewhere to show up). One way of speeding it up - a bit drastic but it works - is to reboot the car. Opening Spotify will take ages after this but it's obviously doing a sync when you try it and, once (if) that completes, recent stuff should appear in the list.
Thank you. I am logged in with the same premium account in the car. I'll give it a couple days to sync.