Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all

2021 M3LR here

Do you notice that the onboard Spotify doesn't update podcast lists? I don't know how often it refreshes but sometimes more than a week goes by before new content is added. On my phone the episodes will be visible on the Spotify app. Is there a way to force the car to refresh for new content?

Also any word from tesla on raising the 100 song limit? Thanks

Hello all

2021 M3LR here

Do you notice that the onboard Spotify doesn't update podcast lists? I don't know how often it refreshes but sometimes more than a week goes by before new content is added. On my phone the episodes will be visible on the Spotify app. Is there a way to force the car to refresh for new content?

I've noticed the same problem recently. But only on some podcasts and not others which update right away.
I also just noticed a podcast where one episode has no duration listed in the table of episodes.
I can play this, but cannot skip forwards or randomly jump ahead on the time line. Doing this just skips to the next episode

Hello all

2021 M3LR here

I'm having the same issue. Seems worse lately. The only way I can resolve it is to reboot the MCU.

We just got our car and are having random problems with Spotify randomly changing and playing the same songs. It is almost like my Apple 13 Iphone is conflicting with it. Either a setting I need to change or probably a bug they will fix. Lets hope

Spotify for Tesla is absolutely trash. It doesn't sync songs added to playlists for days, selecting the curated playlists almost always plays a completely different playlist, and often just manually picking a song will play something else entirely.

I reactivated my Pandora account and am using this streaming off my phone. That works fine. Between Spotify and Tesla there must be issues with updates they have not worked out. I am sure it will get fixed as both companies have a vested interest in getting it to work.

I'm having the same issue that podcast lists don't update for days in my Model 3. Sometimes also with my favorite music playlists. Listening to podcasts in the car has now become an extreme hassle and makes me consider cancelling my Premium Connectivity subscription.

I don't want to soft reset my car every day, but just get in and drive. Spotify was the reason for me to extend my Premium Connectivity after the free trial ended. Kind of a bummer for the whole Tesla experience.

This could easily be resolved if the Spotify app would get a way to manually refresh playlists (or even better, to do it automatically itself).

I'm having the same issue that podcast lists don't update for days in my Model 3. Sometimes also with my favorite music playlists. Listening to podcasts in the car has now become an extreme hassle and makes me consider cancelling my Premium Connectivity subscription.

I don't want to soft reset my car every day, but just get in and drive. Spotify was the reason for me to extend my Premium Connectivity after the free trial ended. Kind of a bummer for the whole Tesla experience.

This could easily be resolved if the Spotify app would get a way to manually refresh playlists (or even better, to do it automatically itself).
It’s just unbelievable that we’re on here discussing this. Same thing happening with me. Absolutely no way to simply force a refresh of the podcast list. I’m not even sure that reboots necessarily do it every time. But either way….seriously? We need to reboot just to update our podcast list? Just pathetic. The Spotify app is horrid. I just don’t understand why, with all of this technology and money, someone can’t just sit down and fix it.