Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify / SR+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone

Having had my model 3 sr+ for just over a week now, and having come from an xc90 with the Bower and Wilkins system i’ve been pleasantly surprised how good the basic Tesla audio system is. Spotify integration is great when it works. Most trips it crashes mid song as others have noted and I don’t really want to be resetting the only screen available. Today I tried Bluetooth streaming for the first time and actually it seems even better quality. The layer of bass you can add via the Spotify app makes the system sound so much better.

One other observation - when trying to watch iPlayer via the browser over the car’s LTE connection it thinks I’m abroad, switch to my phone hotspot or home Wi-Fi and I can watch iPlayer, just a shame it’s not full screen but hey one can’t have everything!

• Informative
Reactions: EVMeister
Hi everyone

Having had my model 3 sr+ for just over a week now, and having come from an xc90 with the Bower and Wilkins system i’ve been pleasantly surprised how good the basic Tesla audio system is. Spotify integration is great when it works. Most trips it crashes mid song as others have noted and I don’t really want to be resetting the only screen available. Today I tried Bluetooth streaming for the first time and actually it seems even better quality. The layer of bass you can add via the Spotify app makes the system sound so much better.

One other observation - when trying to watch iPlayer via the browser over the car’s LTE connection it thinks I’m abroad, switch to my phone hotspot or home Wi-Fi and I can watch iPlayer, just a shame it’s not full screen but hey one can’t have everything!

You maybe able to use full screen if you use the twitter trick via the Tesla Tutorial videos in Tesla Theater. It works for my Plex account, I haven't tried iPlayer yet.

I have had the same issue regarding location when attempting to use iPlayer.

• Informative
Reactions: Tattersky
Hi everyone

I don't have my model 3 yet but I’d hazard a guess that European model 3s have a ‘one size fits all’ European mobile data connection. If so, Holland could be the country of origin so some sites such as iPlayer, which look at your IP address to establish your location, will result in it looking like that’s where you’re from. That kind of setup.

Reactions: drewpost
I don't have my model 3 yet but I’d hazard a guess that European model 3s have a ‘one size fits all’ European mobile data connection. If so, Holland could be the country of origin so some sites such as iPlayer, which look at your IP address to establish your location, will result in it looking like that’s where you’re from. That kind of setup.

This is the case. If you pop open the browser on LTE and do an IP lookup, you'll see it identifying as an ISP from Holland. It also makes for some funny pre-roll YouTube ads!

Reactions: jimbo_hippo