TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Spotify Tesla Account not working

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by BapeTMC, Jun 15, 2017.

1. BapeTMC

BapeTMC Member

does any use have same experience? call CS and they said some Europe user have same problem between Tesla and spotify,

2. Ames

Ames Member

I had that problem for over a week, could not connect. It just started working one day.

3. kkeeiith

kkeeiith Member

happened to me starting two weeks ago. Still doesn't workZ

4. j2cc

j2cc Member

Yes me too. Not workkng for the last 5 days. Tesla supports is working on. Update should be sent over the air.

5. Ames

Ames Member

From seeing forums outside TMC, this problem has affected hundreds of cars. There was a post on tesla.com forums and another in an Italian forum that I recall...something to do with Spotify making changes themselves to the authentication process. I thought it was solved by now.

We also have a problem with newly arriving UAE spec cars. For those, Spotify is blocked since Spotify license does not cover the region. If you have a premium account you can access bits of Spotify like 'Stations', probably temporarily. Cars bought from other counties are not affected while operating in the UAE and Gulf region.

6. Rayhk

Rayhk Member

My model x Spotify was working find until today.

7. kkeeiith

kkeeiith Member

Mine didn't work for around two weeks and now it's working again.

8. Rayhk

Rayhk Member

Still not working

9. Rayhk

Rayhk Member

Mine works now.

10. Ames

Ames Member

You must be feeling ecstatic...now every time it gets stuck I start going back to that dark place where Spotify didn't work for a whole week...I really love my Spotify.

11. Rayhk

Rayhk Member

Definitely happy to get Spotify back! The downtime did help me explore the Tunein app, which has some good sports and news stations.

12. gubes

gubes Member

Spotify was never 100% reliable in my Tesla but since the latest software update, it hardly ever works. I don't think Tesla puts a lot of effort collaborating with Spotify to make this thing work. There are rumors that Tesla will have its own media streaming app - which I hope is not the case. Perhaps that partially explains the lack of commitment.

13. smtung

smtung Member

try a factory default reset first.it worked for me.

14. kinho

kinho Member

***FIX***FIX***FIX***FIX***

got my update today, after which couldn't sign into my tesla spotify account. reset the mcu (hold both scroll wheels for a few seconds until the display goes out), then all was back to normal. try it and see if it works for you as well.