Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify Tesla Account not working

BapeTMC

Oct 12, 2016
HK
does any use have same experience? call CS and they said some Europe user have same problem between Tesla and spotify,

Ames

May 27, 2013
Abu Dhabi, UAE
From seeing forums outside TMC, this problem has affected hundreds of cars. There was a post on tesla.com forums and another in an Italian forum that I recall...something to do with Spotify making changes themselves to the authentication process. I thought it was solved by now.

We also have a problem with newly arriving UAE spec cars. For those, Spotify is blocked since Spotify license does not cover the region. If you have a premium account you can access bits of Spotify like 'Stations', probably temporarily. Cars bought from other counties are not affected while operating in the UAE and Gulf region.

• Helpful
Reactions: Chong

Rayhk

Jun 19, 2017
Hk
You must be feeling ecstatic...now every time it gets stuck I start going back to that dark place where Spotify didn't work for a whole week...I really love my Spotify.
Definitely happy to get Spotify back! The downtime did help me explore the Tunein app, which has some good sports and news stations.

gubes

Mar 26, 2014
Hong Kong
Spotify was never 100% reliable in my Tesla but since the latest software update, it hardly ever works. I don't think Tesla puts a lot of effort collaborating with Spotify to make this thing work. There are rumors that Tesla will have its own media streaming app - which I hope is not the case. Perhaps that partially explains the lack of commitment.

kinho

Nov 24, 2016
Hong Kong
***FIX***FIX***FIX***FIX***

got my update today, after which couldn't sign into my tesla spotify account. reset the mcu (hold both scroll wheels for a few seconds until the display goes out), then all was back to normal. try it and see if it works for you as well.

heathster

Dec 30, 2017
Melbourne
After a software update to my Model X in Dec 2017, I also could not log into my account (or Teslsa's account). I did a reboot of my Telsa (hold down both scroll wheels) and it started again right away. Fixed.

Ames

May 27, 2013
Abu Dhabi, UAE
The entire fleet of UAE Teslas has had Spotify removed because they don't license it to this region (nor Slacker), so we have no streaming option other than Tune-in. I think I am the only person left here that has Spotify (this is because I am one of the few people that imported my car from Europe, and did not accept the UAE software update that provides working navigation).

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC