Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify Tesla Account not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From seeing forums outside TMC, this problem has affected hundreds of cars. There was a post on tesla.com forums and another in an Italian forum that I recall...something to do with Spotify making changes themselves to the authentication process. I thought it was solved by now.

We also have a problem with newly arriving UAE spec cars. For those, Spotify is blocked since Spotify license does not cover the region. If you have a premium account you can access bits of Spotify like 'Stations', probably temporarily. Cars bought from other counties are not affected while operating in the UAE and Gulf region.

• Helpful
Reactions: Chong
You must be feeling ecstatic...now every time it gets stuck I start going back to that dark place where Spotify didn't work for a whole week...I really love my Spotify.
Definitely happy to get Spotify back! The downtime did help me explore the Tunein app, which has some good sports and news stations.

Spotify was never 100% reliable in my Tesla but since the latest software update, it hardly ever works. I don't think Tesla puts a lot of effort collaborating with Spotify to make this thing work. There are rumors that Tesla will have its own media streaming app - which I hope is not the case. Perhaps that partially explains the lack of commitment.

***FIX***FIX***FIX***FIX***

got my update today, after which couldn't sign into my tesla spotify account. reset the mcu (hold both scroll wheels for a few seconds until the display goes out), then all was back to normal. try it and see if it works for you as well.

The entire fleet of UAE Teslas has had Spotify removed because they don't license it to this region (nor Slacker), so we have no streaming option other than Tune-in. I think I am the only person left here that has Spotify (this is because I am one of the few people that imported my car from Europe, and did not accept the UAE software update that provides working navigation).