Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify Tesla account

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. We have moved to YouTube music, so our Spotify account no longer works. We can't activate the free Tesla Spotify account again, as it say try again later. Anyone got any tips for getting the Tesla account back?

Hi. We have moved to YouTube music, so our Spotify account no longer works. We can't activate the free Tesla Spotify account again, as it say try again later. Anyone got any tips for getting the Tesla account back?

Make sure you're not connected to the WiFi when you click the "Activate Tesla Account" on the Spotify login screen (not sure if it's profile specific as I'm only driver but might be worth checking the old account has logged out on all the cars profiles)?

Anyone know how, once you’ve activated the Spotify account that comes with premium connectivity, you can log out again?

I activated it, but I want to use my own Spotify account, as I mostly listen to podcasts and want to be able to pick up where I’ve left off on other devices. But I can’t for the life of me find a logout button.

Sorry - late to the conversation. How do you get a 'free' Tesla Spotify account? I have been using my personal acocunt since I got the car in March. But my better half complains because if she is using the acount in the house and I change the music in the car then whatever she is listening to changes as well. Would be great if we could have two accounts but I don't use it enough to pay twice.

The free one is just there - simply don't sign into an account. Seems to be fine for my usage (which is just a bit of travel) - keeps favourites etc

Having said that, Spotify Duo is about £3 extra a month, so I might do that, then I can play music at home as well without the missus moaning...

Reactions: MaDProFF
OK - Logging out of 'All' on Spotify did not work. But I found the log out button - When in Spotify on the cars screen, select a track to play. Briefly there is a 'Log Out' button displayed on the right hand side of the Spotify screen. You have to be quick to hit this - I had a couple of goes and then I was logged out. After this the 'Use Tesla Account' appears and you can log in with that. All works OK although it is now suggesting that I listen to Justin Beiber!

I had problem with Spotify account and tried everything possible, impossible, soft reset, hard reset, Factory Defaults.
Nothing. Nothing helped.

One interesting thing, the Spotify stopped few days working after I was invited to change my Invoicing details at www.tesla.com portal by Tesla dealership.

Because Tesla had wrong data there, so in - History - part of menu I changed my data to legal entity from physical entity and added VAT number. This caused Spotify in the car stopped working.

I did not know this before because now I know the fix and I have noticed this happened few days after, maybe I have not used Spotify few days.

The fix is: Go to www.tesla.com account select your car and choose "Buy premium connectivity" even when you have one free.
You are then invited to change the Invoicing details.
If you are invited here, it is a good sign and most probably this is the cause.

Here you have to fill in the same that you filled in the - History - part. And Click Save.
After this you are shown a button to order the connectivity. You do not push that button becuse we do not want to buy anythhing.

If you go back now and return to "Buy premium connectivity" part, you know it is fixed because you are not invited to fill in the Invoicing details any more.

Yes, after I filled in my VAT and switched the person to be legal and went back to my car, I was again able to use Spotify. Worked like a magic.
It looks like Tesla uses these Invoicing data for Spotify and they have to be both in sync.