Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify "Unable to Log In. Please Try Again Later.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I gave up with spotify tech support today. They are going to "escalate" as they could not figure it out.

Given that I am able to log in on our other Tesla I feel that it may be a Tesla issue. My next step is to remove my wife as a driver and re-deo her profile.

So I had this happen around January 10th, i tried resetting the car, changed my password to something simpler. I reached out to Tesla to try to get this issue resolved remotely. At first they scheduled me for a Onsite Service appointment but a day before they called me telling me that they did a remote diagnostic and that it wasnt an issue with the software but rather a Connectivity Board that needed to be swapped out and that had to be done at one of their service center and they had me reschedule for the following week, but now a day before my appointment, someone else called me and told me that it might not be that but they could schedule a on-site visit to see if something could be done. I declined and told them id rather have a new part replaced since we had already cancelled an on-site appointment previously. I love my car and wouldn’t trade it for anything else but these little things are really annoying.

Will keep everyone posted.

Last edited:
Interesting. A few question for you: 1. Do you have a premium Spotify account, and 2. If you do, have you tried logging in using another of the included accounts (I think you are given a total of 5 accounts in a premium subscription).

Thanks.
Yes, I have premium Spotify. I only have the subscription with one account. I know they have a two people account and a family account that include 5 or six but mine is only for one

• Helpful
Reactions: Stirfry
Yes, I have premium Spotify. I only have the subscription with one account. I know they have a two people account and a family account that include 5 or six but mine is only for one
Gotcha, thanks. I keep forgetting that they have a few types. I have a "Family" account. I am tempted to just use another of the included accounts and be done with it lol.

*Edit: I just created another user under my family account and it works no problem. I can't be bothered to troubleshoot endlessly with Tesla and Spotify anymore. I know it doesn't help anyone with a single user premium account, but it is a work around for those with a family account. Maybe ask Spotify to add a user to your premium account if they can't figure it out.

Last edited:
So I had this happen around January 10th, i tried resetting the car, changed my password to something simpler. I reached out to Tesla to try to get this issue resolved remotely. At first they scheduled me for a Onsite Service appointment but a day before they called me telling me that they did a remote diagnostic and that it wasnt an issue with the software but rather a Connectivity Board that needed to be swapped out and that had to be done at one of their service center and they had me reschedule for the following week, but now a day before my appointment, someone else called me and told me that it might not be that but they could schedule a on-site visit to see if something could be done. I declined and told them id rather have a new part replaced since we had already cancelled an on-site appointment previously. I love my car and wouldn’t trade it for anything else but these little things are really annoying.

Will keep everyone posted.
So i took my car in to a service center and they determined there was nothing wrong with the software or hardware. They said the issue was sent to a “specialized team” and it might take a week for them to get back to me, its all going to be remote so at least I dont have to go to the service center again.

It seems to be only for my account, i tried my friend account and that worked, the tesla workers tried their test account and that worked.

A work around would be to have Spotify delete my account and start a new one but that would mean losing my playlist and starting from zero.
Im going to wait until the specialized team gets back to me and hope the can solve it otherwise Ill have no choice but to start a new account.

A work around would be to have Spotify delete my account and start a new one but that would mean losing my playlist and starting from zero.
Im going to wait until the specialized team gets back to me and hope the can solve it otherwise Ill have no choice but to start a new account.
I thought you can export your playlists. Then import them when you get a n ew account. Am I wrong?

I didn't want to post this cause it could be total BS, but here's my findings.

• I worked with SpotifySupport on twitter, they provided me with a test account and I could log into that just fine. Now I'm pretty sure the problem is only occurring for those of us with family accounts.
  • I opened a support ticket with Tesla, and they asked if I had premium on both (I do) and asked if I am up to date on software (I am).
  • They then said "Service engineering is working with the Spotify team to resolve this. At this time there is no ETA on the fix."
  • I think I'm going to try and get a refund for premium connectivity cause spotify is literally the only reason I pay for premium and it doesn't freaking work.

Well that is great news for you folks that can run the 'Spotify Premium Duo' but I'm not there yet.
I was under the impression it would work similar to if you had two drivers ( as an example; I know it's different software), i.e. drop down menu select different user - No!
So when you log out of Spotify, a 'QR" code pops up over main screen; which enacts a pairing with your account bringing you back to your account with no option to select different user.
Any suggestions?