Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify "Unable to Log In. Please Try Again Later.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I picked up my Model 3 a few weeks ago and logged into Spotify on the car and it worked as expected. Yesterday I noticed I was logged out and tried to log back in, but I just keep getting an error message saying "Unable to log in. Please try again later." When I click on the "Sign In" button again, it gives me this error message immediately - it does not even attempt to validate my credentials, i.e. it does not even try to log me in. I am sure my log in credentials work and our Model Y (sitting next to the 3 in the garage) works perfectly. We have a Spotify Family Plan and I used a separate email address and log in for each car. Even when I attempt to use the credentials for the Y in the 3 it does not work. Any ideas? Thanks.
I have the same problem. Picked up my Model YP a few weeks ago and yes I have a Premium Spotify account for years and have had no problem logging into multiple different cars and devices and houses. And then suddenly yesterday I got the same message you did, "Unable to log in. Please try again later." This has nothing to do with free vs premium accounts on the car or connectivity. Yes I changed passwords, rebooted the car a couple of time to no avail. And yes Tidal is great but that is not the problem. It is only Spotify. Anyone have a fix for this issue? Thx

So I picked up my Model 3 a few weeks ago and logged into Spotify on the car and it worked as expected. Yesterday I noticed I was logged out and tried to log back in, but I just keep getting an error message saying "Unable to log in. Please try again later." When I click on the "Sign In" button again, it gives me this error message immediately - it does not even attempt to validate my credentials, i.e. it does not even try to log me in. I am sure my log in credentials work and our Model Y (sitting next to the 3 in the garage) works perfectly. We have a Spotify Family Plan and I used a separate email address and log in for each car. Even when I attempt to use the credentials for the Y in the 3 it does not work. Any ideas? Thanks.
So as of today I reached out to Spotify and they helped me and explained you must have Spotify premium account to Login in your Tesla,I was having the exact problem I sure hope this helps everyone as it helped me

I just had MCU1 replaced, and had to start from scratch. Slacker would no longer work. Signed up for free spotify account, worked perfect. Only issue is, app wouldnt unlock car, they tried to fix that, and spotify will no longer work with free account.

Free account worked for a couple weeks.

I have the same problem. Picked up my Model YP a few weeks ago and yes I have a Premium Spotify account for years and have had no problem logging into multiple different cars and devices and houses. And then suddenly yesterday I got the same message you did, "Unable to log in. Please try again later." This has nothing to do with free vs premium accounts on the car or connectivity. Yes I changed passwords, rebooted the car a couple of time to no avail. And yes Tidal is great but that is not the problem. It is only Spotify. Anyone have a fix for this issue? Thx
I am also having the same issue. Premium account with premium connectivity.
Did you find any solution? The driver part is my wife has another profile on the Tesla and her Spotify works just fine on her driver profile. I’ve tried resetting the car, changing my password twice. Nothing works. Thanks!

Did you find any solution? The weird part is my wife has another profile on the Tesla and her Spotify account works just fine on her driver profile. I’ve tried resetting the car, changing my password twice. Nothing works. Thanks!

Did you find any solution? The driver part is my wife has another profile on the Tesla and her Spotify works just fine on her driver profile. I’ve tried resetting the car, changing my password twice. Nothing works. Thanks!
The password reset worked for me.

Hi there I’m wondering if you got your issue solved ? I’m having the same problem too

I switched to a premium account and changed the password which allowed me to log in. On my PC, I used my Google account to log in so Spotify never asked for a password. And clueless me assumed the car would accept my Google account credentials which it rejected. After poking around on their site, I realized the password was auto generated and could be changed. So, after changing it, all was well.

Same issue for me. Account has worked for years but stopped working a week ago. Talked to Spotify support for hours. Reset password multiple times.

Successfully logged in with a friend's account, and test-account from Spotify support.

Tried both 2 and 4 finger reset of car. Nothing works...

Says "Signing in" for about 15 seconds, then "Unable to sign in. Please try again later."

Same here as many people.
  • Spotify Premium
  • Premium Tesla Connectiviy
  • Able to login with other family accounts (mine/kids) just not wife's account
Generally I would just login with another account, but none of her saved playlists are there and favourites, etc.

Pretty annoying.

Chatting with a level 2 bot now on spotify help.

EDIT: Something else that I tried -> we have two Teslas so I tried logging into my car with "wife's" account and it worked. I was hoping it would save her settings to the cloud and update on her car (like seat and driving configurations). No dice :(

Last edited: