Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify vs Apple Music

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spotify doesn't allow to see and play the full album for any given song by touching the album name.
I've been using Spotify Premium in my Tesla for some time and the above is something I find annoying with Tesla's implementation - it should be so easy to fix and add this useful feature.

I'm currently trying out a 4 month free Apple Music trial, so I now have both it and Spotify in the car. Generally I don't like how Apple Music seems to organize/suggest playlists or stations - especially in the car I seem to have a hard time just finding what I want to listen to. Apple Music seems to continuously want to recommend playlists and genres I don't like even though I keep tagging them witih "Suggest Less Like This" but they keep showing up at the top of Browse (country and francophone, I'm looking at you!). Also, I'm very afraid of turning on Sync Your Library because of horror stories I hear about it messing up existing libraries - I have of thousands of songs ripped from CD, carefully tagged and sorted. However if Sync is off, there doesn't seem to be any way to save other playlists I find and like on Apple Music - I find this quite annoying and limits how useful Music is to me, vs the way saving Spotify playlists works. I keep my existing library of ripped songs on USB, no danger of Spotify messing those up.

Like the OP, I've got all Apple iOS/Mac at home. I've got a couple months left on my free trial, but I'm leaning towards canceling after the trial and sticking with Spotify.