TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Spotify w/ V10 update

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by M3LL0, Sep 27, 2019.

1. DopeGhoti

DopeGhoti Active Member

Things that are not the same, partial list: Music streaming; music sharing. Streaming wasn't added to Napster until well after it was divested of its original form.

2. eCharcoal

eCharcoal Member

I’d want a CD player. Sounds way better!:p

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  3. DopeGhoti

DopeGhoti Active Member

The ride is smooth enough; let's bust out the vinyl. :D

• Love x 1
  4. N.Y.R.

N.Y.R. Member

I hope they add a feature to pick a default music stream provider.

• Like x 1
  5. N.Y.R.

N.Y.R. Member

Just a reminder to all that you can get 3 months free of premium, just google it and you can find a link. Here is one I found for Canadians:

Go Premium – Spotify

6. N.Y.R.

N.Y.R. Member

I wish people in Europe can address if this is the same thing they experience or not. I hope not - that means this has been a problem for a long time and won't be fixed for quite some time.

7. Fernand

Fernand Active Member

#67 Fernand, Sep 30, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    ... and wax cylinders. There's room in the back for the His Master's Voice type horn!

EdisonPhonographM.jpg

but where's the subWOOFer ?

• Funny x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  8. zhu-

zhu- custom title

My spotify has been pretty buggy. Often times the next song won't load and same with the spotify menu. I need to load another option first then go to spotify for it to load.

9. garth_angst

garth_angst Member

How does Spotify even work for SR+ since it does not have LTE connectivity?

10. Cocoabean

Cocoabean Member

SR+ has LTE connectivity

11. garth_angst

garth_angst Member

Oh. I thought it was only with Premium Interiors, like my LR AWD. I stand corrected.

12. EVinAZ

EVinAZ Member

Still struggling with Spotify in my M3. I have an extensive playlist and albums saved on my computer, but they do not sync over to the car. I can save playlists when in the car, but they don't sync from the car to my computer or smartphone. Sometimes I will save an album in the car and the next day it is gone. What am I missing here? I signed up because Tesla finally offered Spotify, but the syncing is a disaster. Spotify support told me to call Tesla. Tesla hasn't responded to my question about this. Does it work for everyone else?

13. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Well-Known Member

Tesla has made LTE services available to SR/SR+ owners temporarily to try out the new streaming features including Netflix.

14. rickjames

rickjames Member

I just wanna know what bitrate Spotify Premium is streaming at in the Model 3.
    Slacker seemed awful to me.

• Like x 1
  15. AdamDederick

AdamDederick Member

I've been having the same issue where songs won't move to the next song or stop in the middle of the song for no reason. But it is also happening on slacker as well.

16. Johnstac

Johnstac Member

I read your response but I did it exactly as it described and exactly as you suggested. I only have one email address in life so there’s no confusion there. It’s the same password I use on Facebook as well. Nevertheless, when I use that email to request a password reset, I change the password (For the 4th time) and it just will not work when I use it in Spotify. It’s driving me nuts. It has to be something simple I’m overlooking but I haven’t figured it out yet!

17. DopeGhoti

DopeGhoti Active Member

This is pure speculation, but it might be that you're using the same password as for the Facebook SSO. Try setting a different password for the non-Facebook-SSO signin, just for grins?

18. ProphetM

ProphetM Member

Very interested in a resolution to this. Voice command is what I use to play specific songs almost every time. If it doesn't work anymore, that is definitely a big step backward.

19. Unbeliever

Unbeliever Member

I listen to a lot of continuous-mix stuff, and the V10 Spotify inter-track gaps are annoying. All the other clients do seamless-play, but the Tesla client pauses a bit to load the next track, interrupting any beat or dialog.

20. Johnstac

Johnstac Member

I actually contacted Spotify and through a chat interaction, we were able to resolve the issue. The problem was that there were two accounts associated with my email address. One account was a trial account from years ago and the other account is the one with all my playlists. They needed to merge both accounts into one and from there I was able to reset my password and at the same time associate my email address to the Spotify account. So happy that’s done. I have to say Spotify did a great job on support

• Like x 1