Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify w/ V10 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else having issues with Spotify? For me when the song ends, it won’t load the next song unless I press the next button. Pretty great that they gave us SR* owners the streaming app as well!

I just got 32.11.1. This bug may have been fixed. I just drove home and the bug was driving me nuts, but after I did the upgrade it didn't happen. Could be coincidence, but I hope not.

has anyone else noticed there are some songs that won't play via the car's spotify interface that play just fine otherwise, whether via the app or via alexa / echo auto?

Yes, just came here to report this. About 5 percent of the songs in any play list are greyed out and won't play. Trying gets a "loading error".

Also I was listening to a long "song" (the original War of the Worlds radio show from the 30s). When I got to work I was halfway through. That evening when I left work the car had forgotten I was listening to it I had to find it again and manually seek around to where I had stopped that morning.

So it's got some problems to fix.

i can not even connect my account in the M3 spotify, i have to click on "use the tesla account". Anybody else with that problem? i have created a new spotify account and have the same problem
Spotify in V10 requires a paid premium account. I don't believe you can login Spotify with your Tesla account. You may be confusing Slacker with Spotify. Slacker comes free with your car if it's of premium trim and you are automatically logged in with your Tesla account.

I don't like how when I leave the car for a bit and then come back, it doesn't resume whatever I was listening to on spotify. I have to search and start songs back up. When I use my phone for streaming to the car, any time I return to the car it starts playing whatever was last being played with no intervention from me.

Reactions: Sammydee and malou
I figured out how to add stations this morning. Not sure if that has been posted but I know some were having issues. One member said to search for a song and play that song and then at the end a station will be created so that's one way. The other is to search for an artist and when their page pulls up there is a little symbol next to the album art that looks like a diagonal wifi symbol, if you click that, it will create an artist station and will be able to be found in the station page. I guess this interface will take a little getting used to but I have already heard 100% different songs than slacker so thank god for that.

I don't like how when I leave the car for a bit and then come back, it doesn't resume whatever I was listening to on spotify.
It's fascinating how everyone is seemingly having different experiences with the same feature! Ordinarily, I manually pause music (or podcasts) when preparing to egress from the car (mostly because I keep forgetting it damps down the volume when a door is opened), but last night, I did not do so, as I was slightly rushed. When I got back in the car to head to work this morning, it picked right back up at the same part of the song that had been playing when I had parked.

I'm just wondering if anyone outside the US can comment on how Spotify has worked for them up to this point? I have some important questions:

1. Did Spotify access come with the vehicle?
  2. Did you need to create any sort of Spotify account?
  3. If you did need to create a Spotify account, and if you used that account on the car and your phone at the same time, what happened?
  4. Have you seen any general stability problems since the V10 upgrade?

My theory is that Spotify in the EU came with the car and was therefore paid for in a different way. In this approach, Spotify wouldn't be worried about making sure you could only using the Spotify account on a single device. If so, Tesla wouldn't have needed to implement the device hand-off feature until it was time to let owners sign in with their own premium accounts. In other words, the device hand-off and cross-device features may be new to V10. This would answer why these features seem so unstable despite Spotify having already been available in other countries.

RE playback handoff with the car : The thing might appears to be magical, but in real life, it doesn't take much for it to fail. While Tesla implementation could be at fault, it's important to know Spotify system is not flawless either. I've been using Spotify for more than two years, and handoff can be unreliable between official Spotify app too.

Right now, I have a song playing on my iMac (official MacOS Spotify App). My macbook shows the right song, but mark it as "paused". My iPhone is reporting playback is paused on the last song I played on the phone... In this case, it's (probably) the iMac not reporting the correct "state", as it doesn't appear in the device list on the Macbook and iPhone. Opening the "connect" panel on the iMac is the easiest way to force the state to update on all device.

Wouldn't take much for the same issue to appear on Tesla Spotify app.

Reactions: DopeGhoti
My only problem is adding albums is pretty messed up. Doesn’t work.
All my PLAYLISTS loaded in but only about 3 of my ALBUMS did. Along with those 3 are my SUGGESTED albums. I did a SEARCH and saved an album but the next time I went to my car, it was gone. I can make a Playlist of an album & it stays, but I don't want to do that for all of them. I'm hoping an update will take care of it.

Spotify in V10 requires a paid premium account. I don't believe you can login Spotify with your Tesla account. You may be confusing Slacker with Spotify. Slacker comes free with your car if it's of premium trim and you are automatically logged in with your Tesla account.
I have no idea what Slacker is. I clicked on Spotify icon inside music and it asks me for login. I gove my credentials of free spotify, but it always sais incorrect user/pass, but in my phone, computer, etc it works well, then i have 2 buttons, one say log in and the other one sais “use tesla account”. In click on that one and then i go inside spotify. I can then search for anything and play anything. I have a M3 LR since 3 weeks ago

I'm just wondering if anyone outside the US can comment on how Spotify has worked for them up to this point? I have some important questions:

1. Did Spotify access come with the vehicle?
  2. Did you need to create any sort of Spotify account?
  3. If you did need to create a Spotify account, and if you used that account on the car and your phone at the same time, what happened?
  4. Have you seen any general stability problems since the V10 upgrade?

My theory is that Spotify in the EU came with the car and was therefore paid for in a different way. In this approach, Spotify wouldn't be worried about making sure you could only using the Spotify account on a single device. If so, Tesla wouldn't have needed to implement the device hand-off feature until it was time to let owners sign in with their own premium accounts. In other words, the device hand-off and cross-device features may be new to V10. This would answer why these features seem so unstable despite Spotify having already been available in other countries.
I bases in EU, Netherlands. Here have answer to your questions:

1-. I was never able to log in with my personal spotify account(free) but i do have a button that sais “Use your Tesla Account” that i clicked and logged in. Then I can make use if it completely
2-. No i did’t need to create any account
3-. I can use my personal account anywhere except i the car. The car always reports “incorrect user/pass”
4-. Didn’t have any problem with V10, neither with V9. Everything works exactly the same

Audiophiles may not be happy, but I think 96kbps with a codec as efficient as Vorbis or AAC is perfectly fine for a noisy environment with less than perfect acoustic characteristics such as a car.
Not really. You need something like 160kbps for Vorbis to be perfect.

I was surprised at Model 3's poor quality, sibilant sounds (like "s") are really jarring at this low bitrate. Regular Spotify on my phone is much, much better.