TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Spotify Web Player

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by jomo25, Dec 14, 2012.

1. jomo25

jomo25 P4398

Spotify is developing a new web interface for its service so it doesn't need an explicit app. The service is in beta right now, but supposedly can be accessed via a link through your Facebook account. Per this link.

Spotify confirms web app in the works, currently in closed beta (updated)

Can anyone try to see if this new player will work on the S?

I know slacker is supported out of the box, but I've been using spotify for some time on my phone and Mac at home.

Would love to know if this works on the browser. My suspicion is no, but would love confirmation.

Thanks for checking!

2. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

I haven't been able to get audio or video to work in the S browser. Direct MP3s, HTML5 players etc. No dice.

3. jomo25

jomo25 P4398

Thanks. I assumed it supported audio via the browser. OK, I guess I'll have to look into Slacker.

4. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

It's not bad. My wife says it has less curated content than Pandora (she uses it to play lullaby stations to put the little one down), but there's also no commercials (to pop him back awake) either, since we have the premium. You could always stream spotify from your phone though, no?

5. jomo25

jomo25 P4398

Yes, I could and will try that first. Depends on how good the BT integration is. The integration on my Infiniti and Lexus were great. If its that good (which I would hope it is), then that'll work for most purposes.

6. Babylonfive

Babylonfive Power12

I don't see how there's no audio path from the stack computer to the audio system. I hope they enable user-defined controls for audio (and a mixer) to allow anything to output on the main speakers. Watching a video (with audio)... is that not currently possible?

7. Brian H

Brian H Banned

AFAIK, video is not supported at all, silent or talkie.

8. jerjozwik

jerjozwik Member

this thread is quite old, has anyone attempted the spotify web player recently?

9. gordo

gordo Member

Audio and video are still not possible with the built-in browser. Spotify will not work.