Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
for those that have there model 3 now, using the standard built in tesla account, a simple question how do you search for songs , I just can't seem to find an option which allow typing in artist name or album ?

Hi, I had the same experience, it was fixed when I activated(?) the Car's Spotify account. I drove around for over a week not realising that Spotify was not active - so I could get music and radio other ways. Then when I had a little more time to investigate I came across a message asking me if I wanted to accept Spotify Terms and Conditions - and things worked from then on...

Reactions: m3gt2
Hi, I had the same experience, it was fixed when I activated(?) the Car's Spotify account. I drove around for over a week not realising that Spotify was not active - so I could get music and radio other ways. Then when I had a little more time to investigate I came across a message asking me if I wanted to accept Spotify Terms and Conditions - and things worked from then on...
Is the Spotify subscription free with the car or do we need to pay for it?

thank you, was there a option in the menu for activate?

Where was the message asking you to accept the terms and conditions? Not found it on mine yet.

With my own account it seems to have a separate list for albums which is a PITA.. so I logged in, got all the artists and the 1 playlist I have, and no albums. Had to enter all 200 of them manually.. And of course it doesn't support podcasts (have to use tunein for that).

It also doesn't seem to sync back to my spotify account, although if you log out and log back in it keeps the same list.. so it's storing it somewhere just not the normal place.

I wonder if, now the browser supports audio, they'll just link it to open.spotify.com then it'll work the same as everything else. Would make sense rather than trying to write their own.