TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Spotify

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by zayn, Sep 20, 2019.

1. zayn

zayn Member

Hi,
    for those that have there model 3 now, using the standard built in tesla account, a simple question how do you search for songs , I just can't seem to find an option which allow typing in artist name or album ?

2. mccgregor

mccgregor Member

Hi, I had the same experience, it was fixed when I activated(?) the Car's Spotify account. I drove around for over a week not realising that Spotify was not active - so I could get music and radio other ways. Then when I had a little more time to investigate I came across a message asking me if I wanted to accept Spotify Terms and Conditions - and things worked from then on...

• Like x 1
  3. Tatoo1

Tatoo1 Member

Also once activated and when bringing up the DAB/Spotify/Phone/TuneIn icons there should be a ‘Any’ icon at the end which will search across all the Spotify/Tunein for tracks artist etc.

4. freekie

freekie Member

Is the Spotify subscription free with the car or do we need to pay for it?

5. NorfolkMustard

NorfolkMustard Active Member

Free Spotify premium, but it’s part of the currently-free premium connectivity package

• Like x 1
  6. zayn

zayn Member

thank you, was there a option in the menu for activate?

7. Rooster6655

Rooster6655 Active Member

Spotify for me so far has been pretty poor just stopping and won't reconnect even when signal is good, never had this problem when streaming from my phone

8. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Active Member

Push button, say "Play Elton John"

You will then get a station built around the artist. If you ask for a specific song, you may get it. You won't get a full album.
    Think of it as a call in at a FM radio station

9. axw820

axw820 Member

Where was the message asking you to accept the terms and conditions? Not found it on mine yet.

10. Tony Hoyle

Tony Hoyle Member

With my own account it seems to have a separate list for albums which is a PITA.. so I logged in, got all the artists and the 1 playlist I have, and no albums. Had to enter all 200 of them manually.. And of course it doesn't support podcasts (have to use tunein for that).

It also doesn't seem to sync back to my spotify account, although if you log out and log back in it keeps the same list.. so it's storing it somewhere just not the normal place.

I wonder if, now the browser supports audio, they'll just link it to open.spotify.com then it'll work the same as everything else. Would make sense rather than trying to write their own.

11. NorfolkMustard

NorfolkMustard Active Member

Haven’t watched many v10 videos, but I’m presuming any web based streaming will only work when the browser has focus?

12. tesrac

tesrac New Member

It happened to me too. I rebooted the screen and it seems to be working find for he last few days. Try that maybe?

• Like x 1