Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all

When I say “play music by......” in the car, Spotify does so but only maybe a dozen tracks max and then stops, usually with exactly 1 second remaining of the final track it plays. Any else have this? Is this the way Spotify operates, surely not?

In retrospect, if I ask Siri to play music from a certain artist on Apple Music, it’ll literally play dozens of tracks from that artist, granted not never ending but it’ll just go and go.

Am I missing something or is this normal Spotify behaviour?

Hi all

When I say “play music by......” in the car, Spotify does so but only maybe a dozen tracks max and then stops, usually with exactly 1 second remaining of the final track it plays. Any else have this? Is this the way Spotify operates, surely not?

In retrospect, if I ask Siri to play music from a certain artist on Apple Music, it’ll literally play dozens of tracks from that artist, granted not never ending but it’ll just go and go.

Am I missing something or is this normal Spotify behaviour?
The in car spotify only generally plays the top tracks of the artist (roughly 12 or so) unless you select the specific album. It's quite annoying, certainly for me, it's not as good as YouTube Music.

Tesla, take note, we also want YouTube music as an option!

Reactions: Bootneckshuffl
Same happens to me unless I specify a specific album. My wife prefers to ask for a song & then let Spotify create a seemingly endless playlist of similar music including some by the original artist.

This is what we do. Works quite well when you’re not quite sure what to listen to. Just pick one song and let Spotify do the rest. It reads as “[Track name] Radio” on the car display.

Sorry to jump onto your thread but hopefully you can confirm my understanding..

If you have (or in my case pay for the premium connectivity) you also get a Spotify account included in the price? As in you don’t need to pay £9.99 separately for Spotify premium?

Sorry to jump onto your thread but hopefully you can confirm my understanding..

If you have (or in my case pay for the premium connectivity) you also get a Spotify account included in the price? As in you don’t need to pay £9.99 separately for Spotify premium?
Premium connectivity includes the Tesla Spotify account which only works in the car - as far as I'm aware you are restricted to one save playlist so it doesn't have all the features of a personal Spotify account.

Having said that, I'm fine with it & will subscribe next year when the free subscription expires (....use my own Netflix account while charging & like the satellite nav view, live traffic etc)

Premium connectivity includes the Tesla Spotify account which only works in the car - as far as I'm aware you are restricted to one save playlist so it doesn't have all the features of a personal Spotify account.

Having said that, I'm fine with it & will subscribe next year when the free subscription expires (....use my own Netflix account while charging & like the satellite nav view, live traffic etc)
Same here mate

Exactly this ^^^