TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Spotify

Discussion in 'Europe -' started by tuvow, Aug 29, 2013.

1. tuvow

tuvow Member

According to the happy owners of first deliveries of Model S, the EU-spec car doesn't support Spotify. As far as I know Slacker is US-only. Spotify doesn't work with the web player either. In other words, there's currently no music streaming service available for EU owners. Is this information correct?

If yes, has anyone heard anything from Tesla about plans of introducing support for any music streaming service for EU customers. Any ETA?

Thanks! :)

2. markwj

markwj Moderator, Asia Pacific

Spotify would be good for Hong Kong also.

3. jomo25

jomo25 P4398

Spotify would be good for US also :)

4. felixtb

felixtb RsEU502,Sp+14274,XpEUSig4

there is internet radio which is called intune or something like that... that let's you play almost any radio station available in the world. this works well in the cities.... but you can run spotify via your iPhone or android phone via Bluetooth with no problems

5. mgemmell

mgemmell Scottish chap

Yeah, in the end I use my iphone for the audio source. Via bluetooth its pretty painless, although in the Roadster it is better as it connects automatically while in the S I have to select the iphone as a source each time.

Its a shame not to be able to use the main screen but I think it is also too much to expect there to be all the apps on there to satisfy everyone. For instance I'm a podcast fan and would like a podcast app.

What would be excellent would be a way to have the iphone screen appear on the central display because it is soooo tiny in comparison! Would also mean that we could access any and all apps without having to install anything in the car system. We could also watch videos, when stopped of course :)

Mark

6. S-19910

S-19910 Driving Model-S #19910

spotify now available in media player

7. Tinde

Tinde Member

Which firmware version is that? When did you receive it?
    Or is this information from the email you got today?

8. liuping

liuping Active Member