TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Spotify

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Joetnr1, Dec 3, 2015.

1. TMS

TMS Member

Fully agree with Kim T.

I work as an IT manager, and at my company, we never release any software ahead of big holidays for the same reason Kim mentioned, so I have full understanding for Tesla, and would definitely wait for them to fully test the new version before releasing it. Even releasing a minor "service release" would require good testing to be sure that it does not change or interfere with other functions in the car.

2. badboy1980

badboy1980 Member

Hi guys, just saw this image online. Not sure if it is genuine. [​IMG]

3. badboy1980

badboy1980 Member

Sorry, please see photo.. 2015-12-31 04.04.32.jpg

4. Danielk

Danielk Member

Looks like a very, very bad photoshop job from the Spotify iOS-interface. Obviously, the buttons at the top and bottom would be useless on the Tesla instrument cluster.

5. badboy1980

badboy1980 Member

I thought that too, but, you never know lol.

Any news on when Spotify will be released? I read Monday on a national news paper here in the UK.

I hope Tesla start to promote more Apps and Software for the system...

6. felixtb

felixtb RsEU502,Sp+14274,XpEUSig4

Any News on if that really happened? In Switzerland there seems to be no news yet.... unless my update process has been hampered ....... It's happened before..... :)

7. humschti

humschti Member

Update is not released yet. I've heard that there are some issues in the beta with spotify....

8. felixtb

felixtb RsEU502,Sp+14274,XpEUSig4

At least then it is not my update process that's being problematic again. :)

9. chriSharek

chriSharek Member

This is the kind of thing that I just think puts Tesla above and beyond the reach of the GMs, Fords, Mercedes, and BMWs - this wireless update or OTA updates as you TMC folks call them. Absolutely amazing.

106 days and counting . . .

10. ce2078

ce2078 Member

Found some options while snooping around the CID (root) that allow Spotify to be enabled. Clicking Accept does not create an account, however in the radio app settings it is possible to input an actual name/password. The free account doesn't work, anyone want me to try their premium account? :)

So it does indeed look like its coming soon.

This was on 7.1 (2.18.18) in the US...

20160809_032602.jpg

• Informative x 5
    • Like x 2
  11. eclipxe

eclipxe Member

Sweet!

12. DDarrow

DDarrow Member

Oh thank god. I'm SO sick of Slacker. God did they name that service right. :mad:

• Funny x 2
  13. Sugacookie

Sugacookie Member

Can anyone confirm if a premium Spotify Account worked?

14. SeminoleFSU

SeminoleFSU Voluntaryist

oh HELL YEA!!!!!

15. DÆrik

DÆrik Member

Just got an update on my car. Started it hoping for Spotify, but nothing yet. I guess I got overly excited at almost 1 am... Can't wait to have it though. I am now on 2.32.23. Mind sharing how you got to that screen @ce2078 ? Feel free to message me.

Thanks Erik

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  16. wolfson292

wolfson292 Architect

Clicking accept worked for me, but it did lock up and reboot the CID. Once it came back account info was populated and it worked.

• Informative x 3
  17. Mbschenker

Mbschenker New Member

Can someone tell me the latest on the Spotify app for Model S? Also, I read that Tesla would be paying for premium Spotify, in which case there is no point in upgrading to premium myself. I just bought my Model S 3 weeks ago and am still getting it setup and learning the nuances. However, I would definitely prefer Spotify to Slacker.

18. doctorwho

doctorwho Active Member

Here in Australia we have Spotify through a Tesla account that has Premium features in that it has no ads. It's unclear what the sampling rate is though so it may not be the same 320 rate as a true Premium account. In addition though I use my own premium account as the Tesla account doesn't allow you to create playlists in the car. It also means that I can also use my phone Spotify to control the car Spotify so it becomes a remote control for back seat passengers

19. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Well-Known Member

So how do you enable Spotify like the two people above? Sharing is caring... why keep secrets?

• Like x 1
  20. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

Oh please oh please. I've wanted this for about 3 years now.

I switched to Apple Music when it was cheaper, but would happily go back to banish Slacker from the car.

• Like x 1