Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotted a RHD Specific glitch...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had my car just over a month now, and I am loving it :)

One thing I have noticed is the "Drivers Climate Temperature" on the steering wheel actually operates the passenger side a/c :biggrin:

The only other annoying thing is the lack of a charge port button in the supplied cable, I keep having to traipse back and forward to the touch screen :redface:

Had my car just over a month now, and I am loving it :)

One thing I have noticed is the "Drivers Climate Temperature" on the steering wheel actually operates the passenger side a/c :biggrin:

The only other annoying thing is the lack of a charge port button in the supplied cable, I keep having to traipse back and forward to the touch screen :redface:

You'll soon develop the habit of opening the charge port via the touch screen (controls windows or charge window), just before you get out of the car ;-)

The scroll wheel temperature control issue has definitely been reported and I am sure will be fixed soon.

I bought a 3rd party charge port door opener and attached it to the front of my home charger. So when I want to plug in I just press that button.

If you manually unlock the car while walking towards it (double clicking with the fob) the charge port unlocks as well as the doors, so you can then just unplug the cable and close the door.

So with practice you never need to go to the main screen to do this.

I find this interesting. I think every car I've owned has had a fuel door release to the side of the driver's seat. I wonder if there's some obscure vehicle 'safety' regulation difference between the sides of the pond that drive that.

I think it's more likely my choice of daily drivers has been a bit more eclectic than most. 5 years in a Lotus Exige, followed by 3 years in a Nissan V6 Diesel Navara (Frontier in the US), before returning to another Lotus I bought for trackdays and used as a run around whilst waiting for my S.