TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Spotted a RHD Specific glitch...

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by smac, Sep 1, 2014.

1. smac

smac Active Member

Had my car just over a month now, and I am loving it :)

One thing I have noticed is the "Drivers Climate Temperature" on the steering wheel actually operates the passenger side a/c :biggrin:

The only other annoying thing is the lack of a charge port button in the supplied cable, I keep having to traipse back and forward to the touch screen :redface:

2. omarsultan

omarsultan Active Member

Ha - have you told Service or Ownership - seems like it would be a simple SW fix.

3. Right_Said_Fred

Right_Said_Fred Model S - Sig. 283 EU

You'll soon develop the habit of opening the charge port via the touch screen (controls windows or charge window), just before you get out of the car ;-)

4. smac

smac Active Member

Had the car a month, and despite daily charging, I still forget :(

Almost as annoying as closing the charge port, which I am always forgetting too :)

5. markwj

markwj Moderator, Asia Pacific

Yeah, we noticed this bug in HK too. Only a problem if driver and passenger temps are 'un-synced'. I reported it to Tesla last month.

6. widodh

widodh Model S R231 EU

Indeed. It's a routine for me. Back into my driveway, Park and open charge port.

Pretty simple to learn.

7. smac

smac Active Member

The hard part is unlearning the 10+ years of using cars where the filler cap required the physical car key to open.

It needs to become habit forming and it hasn't yet, I'm sure it will :)

8. ShawWellPete

ShawWellPete New Member

I haven't got my car yet, but planning to buy this when I order a juice booster. Apparently ideal to put on the lead with velcro.

9. mgboyes

mgboyes Member

The scroll wheel temperature control issue has definitely been reported and I am sure will be fixed soon.

I bought a 3rd party charge port door opener and attached it to the front of my home charger. So when I want to plug in I just press that button.

If you manually unlock the car while walking towards it (double clicking with the fob) the charge port unlocks as well as the doors, so you can then just unplug the cable and close the door.

So with practice you never need to go to the main screen to do this.

10. GoodCheer

GoodCheer Member

I find this interesting. I think every car I've owned has had a fuel door release to the side of the driver's seat. I wonder if there's some obscure vehicle 'safety' regulation difference between the sides of the pond that drive that.

11. smac

smac Active Member

I think it's more likely my choice of daily drivers has been a bit more eclectic than most. 5 years in a Lotus Exige, followed by 3 years in a Nissan V6 Diesel Navara (Frontier in the US), before returning to another Lotus I bought for trackdays and used as a run around whilst waiting for my S.