Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotted in Australia and New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.jpg

Spotted in Melbourne.

Image orientation looks correct on an iPhone. There must be some auto-rotation going on here.

It's because the photo was taken in Portrait mode, but smartphones automatically add an EXIF tag to the image that specifies the image should be rotated.
e.g. the above image has a tag that says "Orientation : Rotate 90 CW"

Smartphone web browsers look at the EXIF data and automatically rotate the image, but most desktop web browsers don't. As a result it looks wrong unless you're on a smartphone.
The fix (for now) is to strip EXIF tags off the image, and rotate the image (by actually changing the pixels rather than using a tag) if required.
I use imagemagick (on Linux) to achieve this but there are handy tools for all platforms.

Stripping EXIF tags is often recommended for privacy reasons too - the above image also has its exact GPS location embedded.
Not a problem for a public image like that, but something to be aware of if you're posting happy snaps of your Tesla or HPWC at home and don't necessarily want other people to know exactly where you live.

Also spotted at the Melb EV Expo. See:
MELBOURNE ELECTRIC VEHICLE EXPO 2015 | AEVA

GH

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 79927
Spotted in Melbourne.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 79929
Spotted in Melbourne.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 79931
Spotted in Melbourne.
This is at the Chadstone Shopping Center destination charger. It is a demo model. I drove it last Friday night (8 May 2015)
GH

Did you take these photos?

This was the second day we'd had it.

It's a little bit cool, but a little bit creepy, you know?

Hi r1nce, as Timpoo said all the photos on this thread are just trawled from public Instagram feeds and public Facebook car spotting pages. At the moment it seems people are pretty quick to post shots of Teslas they see in Australia.

There are 78 different cars now posted on this thread out of over 200 that have been registered in Australia to date.

Oh, and if NTE5LA is your car it has been posted on Instagram many times already.

Last edited:
Did you take these photos?

This was the second day we'd had it.

It's a little bit cool, but a little bit creepy, you know?
Hi r1nce, welcome to TMC.
I see you're in Melbourne, as you have just taken delivery can you tell me if they have started delivering in the Melbourne Service Centre yet?
Which one of the pictures is your car?
Hope you got an invite to the opening tomorrow night.

Hi r1nce, as Timpoo said all the photos on this thread are just trawled from public Instagram feeds and public Facebook car spotting pages. At the moment it seems people are pretty quick to post shots of Teslas they see in Australia.

Oh, and if NTE5LA is your car it has been posted on Instagram many times already.

Fair enough. It was a little... something, to see my car in this forum so quickly after having received delivery. Any hints on the public facebook and instagram pages these are being sourced from? I wouldn't mind seeing if there are more, for vanity's sake. =)

- - - Updated - - -

Hi r1nce, welcome to TMC.
I see you're in Melbourne, as you have just taken delivery can you tell me if they have started delivering in the Melbourne Service Centre yet?
Which one of the pictures is your car?
Hope you got an invite to the opening tomorrow night.

Thanks.

Ours was the first vehicle delivered out of the Richmond centre, but there was still plenty of work going on in the general surrounds when we received delivery.

Yep, my wife and I will be there tomorrow. See you there. =)