Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotted in Australia and New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.jpg

Spotted in Sydney.

What's with the AEW plates? In Sydney, Tesla uses NEV, I think, as in New Electric Vehicle.
AEW=????

As far as I know it is a standard plate series of some sort.

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg

Spotted on the Sunshine Coast.

- - - Updated - - -

What's with the AEW plates? In Sydney, Tesla uses NEV, I think, as in New Electric Vehicle.
AEW=????

The 'N' is for NSW. Then EV as you said. The same Euro plates start with V in Victoria, Q in Queensland, T in Tasmania, W in Western Australia.

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg

Spotted on the Sunshine Coast.

What's with the AEW plates?

Nothing fancy. Just a slimline black plate, not a custom combination, which looks nice on Teslas without costing an arm and a leg.

Clearly those of us who picked up our cars late August onwards got a selection from the range AEW-004 to AEW-020 [still waiting for my AEW-xxx to be spotted here].

https://www.vplates.com.au/slimline-black

"The plates are available in the range of AAA.000 to AZZ.999 and have been pre-manufactured"

"Slimline Black plates are a 'next-out-of-the-box' plate." "you are unable to select the combination"

Interesting that we got a bunch of AEU plates but seem to have skipped any (more approrpriate) AEVs and gone straight to a batch of AEWs! Shame.

Good point, the AEV series would have been perfect.

- - - Updated - - -

Dunno about these pictures spotted at the Richmond Service Centre supercharger - it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

Nothing wrong with picking the low hanging fruit :)