Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotted in Australia and New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.jpeg

Spotted in Sydney. (AUS: 222)

So there is an advantage to having the SC's like that, so you can still charge while been ICE'd
Need to make up a sign to leave on the Tesla for the ICE driver "I'll be back in 2hrs when my car will be charged :biggrin:"

Lucky we only need to charge there for 20 minutes or so. But yes, that charger placement is handy for surviving ICEing.

- - - Updated - - -

Just took delivery of my P85D in Hobart. It certainly lives up and well exceeds my expectations. It feels like driving the future!

Nice one TasMc. (AUS: 230)

Gorgeous!
Goes 'round corners alright, TasMc??

It sure does, ICUDoc! Very capable handling characteristics from what is a large car. Interesting comparing this to the P85 I test drove in Sydney, which I found to be a bit squirmy coming out of corners with the power on. The clever torque spread to the front motor allows me to get on the power much earlier when exiting a corner. A slight wobble of the rear is quickly brought under control by that torque shift. Uncannily good is the phrase that keeps coming to mind at different times with this car. It continues to surprise in the most pleasant way. The instantaneous responsiveness takes some getting used to, and I really feel the lack of that when jumping back in to an ICE car.