Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotted in Australia and New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally I've been spotted. It's taken almost a year for someone to get my car on here! I deliberately didn't submit it myself to see how long it would take.

This is outside Dan's place where he does his opticoating. I was there recently to get the opticoating redone on a panel I had repaired so I thought this must have been taken then, but the metadata on the photo tells me it was taken on March 15 which is when I had it originally opticoated. I think this photo was taken from Dan's website where he has a gallery of cars.

I clearly don't get out enough to be spotted!

:) I thought it must have been you as you are one of the only people with a similar spec to me. Nice !

spotted Kooyong Rd Armadale 21st Nov 2015
IMG_20151121_154556 front.jpg
IMG_20151121_154655 rear.jpg

Lol... I reckon youve got every single one in TAS going by that number... I spotted TECH last Monday on the Brooker so that's a new one.

I was at the Electric Futures in Tasmania event in Hobart on Thursday evening and was talking to John, the owner of Tesla Limousines and Tours. He said that when he registered his 85D in October, there were 15 Teslas registered in Tasmania - with another 5 on the way! I was surprised, but it's not unlikely - at the first AEVA Tas meeting in July, it was mentioned that there were five in Tasmania - and of the seven that have been spotted, more than half have been registered since then.

I was at the Electric Futures in Tasmania event in Hobart on Thursday evening and was talking to John, the owner of Tesla Limousines and Tours. He said that when he registered his 85D in October, there were 15 Teslas registered in Tasmania - with another 5 on the way! I was surprised, but it's not unlikely - at the first AEVA Tas meeting in July, it was mentioned that there were five in Tasmania - and of the seven that have been spotted, more than half have been registered since then.

That would not surprise me at all. There's a lot of money around this state... That's good, because we might get a supercharger sooner rather than later then?

Mind you considering at least one person has two, numbers might be a bit skewed?

That would not surprise me at all. There's a lot of money around this state... That's good, because we might get a supercharger sooner rather than later then?

Mind you considering at least one person has two, numbers might be a bit skewed?

Yeah, the count is identified cars by photo and registration number, so the well known Berriedale resident with two Model S’ is accounted for J

On EVs in general: Clive Attwater was talking about the number of EVs in Tasmania on Thursday. He said the Dept of State Growth (formerly DIER) didn’t have a categorisation for electric vehicles – in fact some people who I’ve spoken to have said they had to put a number of cylinders when registering and there was no way around it. Some have said their vehicle is therefore nominally a 4 cylinder car. Others have put 1. Really, they should be fixing their database so that fuel type is a field: Petrol, diesel, LPG, electric – preferably a way to identify hybrids and PHEVs as well. However working in IT I know that changing a database schema is not a quick or easy change.

The total given was approximately 150: This comes from counting the number of vehicles of popular models (make=Tesla, model=Leaf, model=iMieV, etc) as well as adding the “1 cylinder” vehicles, etc.

This count was done earlier in the year (total was ~120) and around 30 new vehicles are known to AEVA members. Hence the number is quite approximate!

Regarding a supercharger in Tassie.. I was surprised to hear that a representative from Tesla Motors (probably Evan) will be at the opening of the Anvers charge point this week. Sounds interesting. I understand the “planned” Supercharger maps on their website refer to sites for which they have approved budget. If someone has pre-arranged land access, council permits and suitable electrical capacity for a charging station, the location was appropriate, and the surrounding facilities (food/coffee etc.) were good, and were to approach Tesla to ask if they could put in some SCs… who knows what may happen!