Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotted in Australia and New Zealand

LGGD

May 29, 2014
Gold Coast
image.jpeg

Spotted in Sydney. (AUS: 497)

Keiron

Dec 9, 2014
Melbourne,australia
I must admit astonishment in the spotting department for Brisbane/Gold Coast/Sunshine coast. Ive just spent 4 days on the road visiting clients(8:00am to 6:00pm) all over metro Brisbane and Gold coast and not 1 Model S did I spot.? If that wasn't bad enough I got stuck with a Crumpeldoor - geez ICE's with no autopilot are dangerous ! The guys at AVIS looked at me like I had two heads when I suggested that they should have a Model S in their range.:confused:

sjwbne

Feb 7, 2016
Brisbane, QLD, Australia
I must admit astonishment in the spotting department for Brisbane/Gold Coast/Sunshine coast. Ive just spent 4 days on the road visiting clients(8:00am to 6:00pm) all over metro Brisbane and Gold coast and not 1 Model S did I spot.? If that wasn't bad enough I got stuck with a Crumpeldoor - geez ICE's with no autopilot are dangerous ! The guys at AVIS looked at me like I had two heads when I suggested that they should have a Model S in their range.:confused:

I've been doing my level best to be spotted last 2 days. Driving around Brisbane metro plenty. No luck for either of us it seems.

Dborn

Confirmed
Aug 26, 2011
Sydney, Australia
Living 5 K from St Leonards, i still rarely see one in Sydney. Perhaps once or twice a week. Admittedly, i am retired and i am on the roads not at peak (if i can possibly avoid it), but even so. I charge at St Leonards at least once a week, and even then, i rarely see one, even on approach to the service centre!!

salamagd

Dec 7, 2013
New York
Despite there being a whole heap in Melbourne, and driving to work every day to the legal end of the CBD, it's still pretty rare that I spot Teslas on the commute! A few hundred isn't as many as you'd think in the context of a city.

TesAus

Mar 4, 2014
Sydney, Australia
Most days I will see at least one other model S on the M2 or around Macquarie Park.

Briefly went to the city today and saw a bright red one with "on-tap2" number plate.

updated---

just did did some research "On-Tap" is a hire car firm which includes Tesla Model S on their list of vehicles.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC