Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotted in Australia and New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_7102.jpg

Spotted in Brisbane. (AUS: 918)

Since the current spotted tally for Australia is now:

Roadster: 14
Model S: 921
Model X: 3

I propose to not keep a seperate tally of each model and instead have an all Tesla models total for Australia which is now 938.

The spotted totals for New Zealand are:

Roadster: 2
Model S: 24
Model X: 0

For a total for New Zealand of 26.

Reactions: baillies
I have notice many Tesla's in Victoria have AGS as the first three letters of the rego, including mine. This are both facelift and prefacelift cars. How is that possible? The older cars would have be registered years apart. Cheers.

Pre-facelift cars were being delivered right up until facelifted cars were being delivered. In some cases, pre-facelift cars were delivered to their owners weeks or more after the first facelifted cars were delivered.

I have notice many Tesla's in Victoria have AGS as the first three letters of the rego, including mine. This are both facelift and prefacelift cars. How is that possible? The older cars would have be registered years apart. Cheers.
My guess: There are 2 sets of standard issue plates now in Vic. The first is a continuation of the letter and numbers - now as number-letter-letter number-letter-letter; the second is a re-issue of the start of the 3 letters followed by 3 numbers. As most of the early ones are not in use they started again, so when you go to register you have a choice of old or new standard issue plates. Tesla just probably reserved a batch of the old plates and put them on as requested. Since there are lots of personalized plates and another type of standard issue, the AGS plates probably move slowly.