Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotted in Australia and New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agreed. Great DoF. That ain't no iPhone pic. :)

Dont knock all the iPhone shots!

image.jpeg

The "emissions" sticker is interesting. I thought that the "D" models were meant to be more efficient than non D?

The stated rated consumption of 217Wh/km is significantly higher than the stated rated consumption on my standard 85 from a year ago of 181Wh/km?

The "emissions" sticker is interesting. I thought that the "D" models were meant to be more efficient than non D?

The stated rated consumption of 217Wh/km is significantly higher than the stated rated consumption on my standard 85 from a year ago of 181Wh/km?

I'm not sure if they're more efficient (until software improves) or maybe they've just become more conservative now. However, 217 seems very high.

- - - Updated - - -

r336_7_2902_1908_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Found at http://www.portstephensexaminer.com.au/story/3634625/tesla-is-futures-present/

I'm not sure if they're more efficient (until software improves) or maybe they've just become more conservative now. However, 217 seems very high.

I just checked the sticker that was on my 85D and it's the same. My long term average was 216 for quite a while, but has dropped to 205 now with more long distance driving so 217 is reasonable. However 490km*217wh=106330 or 106kwh which doesn't make sense or am I missing something?

I just checked the sticker that was on my 85D and it's the same. My long term average was 216 for quite a while, but has dropped to 205 now with more long distance driving so 217 is reasonable. However 490km*217wh=106330 or 106kwh which doesn't make sense or am I missing something?

I agree it doesn't add up! Mind you, neither did the original one which was 181Wh/km X 502kms range = 90.6kWh...?!?

It was my understanding that to get the range figures quoted by Tesla you needed to drive at quite a low average speed to get a sufficiently low Wh/km.

So I think the answer is that the labels show figures for two different scenarios:
1). Consumption figure on label is based upon ADR test cycle and is the figure used to calculate the Typical range shown on the displays
2). Range in kms on label is based off best case scenario "Rated" consumption - eg driving very cautiously with AC off etc.

I assume therefore that the significantly higher consumption figure on D cars was pre torque sleep?

2tesa.jpg

Eden Gardens Sydney (Nursery, café, shop - no connection other than as a customer) - found a Tesla charging station, and a car identical to mine! Spoke to Simon, they are putting in a Tesla friendly area which sounds really nice.

Attachments

• 2tes.JPG
    2tes.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 60